What's new

Powerful +

LordOdin

Veteran
Been using my Hadron and Kylin Mesh RTA the last few days and this afternoon i took a vape and it was almost like a dry hit but a slight burnt taste, i took another vape and it was a slightly stronger burnt taste. I have been using the mesh in the Kylin for a couple of days with Donut King Vanilla Custard so thought sweet liquid must be the mesh want's changing. I was just in the process of taking the Kylin off and noticed that the mode or whatever it is was set to Powerful +, so i switched it back to Soft and took a vape and it was nice again. I thought things like Powerful + were for show or didn't really have any effect but it obviously does. So does anyone know what these modes or whatever they are do because it really made a difference on the Hadron.

Been using my Hadron and Kylin Mesh RTA the last few days and this afternoon i took a vape and it was almost like a dry hit but a slight burnt taste, i took another vape and it was a slightly stronger burnt taste. I have been using the mesh in the Kylin for a couple of days with Donut King Vanilla Custard so thought sweet liquid must be the mesh want's changing. I was just in the process of taking the Kylin off and noticed that the mode or whatever it is was set to Powerful +, so i switched it back to Soft and took a vape and it was nice again. I thought things like Powerful + were for show or didn't really have any effect but it obviously does. So does anyone know what these modes or whatever they are do because it really made a difference on the Hadron.
Normally add around 10w to the initial fire. If you set it to 50w the mod will fire at 60w for a short period & drop back to 50w. Definitely not needed with mesh :)2

Very useful for high mass complex coils though! DNA chips call it “Watt Boost” I think and also have a setting called “Punch”.

It makes it fire not at the wattage you have it set at. .... it's stupid.

I must of caught the button by accident and wouldn't generally mess with something i know nothing about, i thought maybe a wattage boost of some sort but wasn't sure. Like i said i usually vape at around 30 watts which is high enough for me. If it adds 10 watts that would only put the wattage at 40 so wonder why the burnt dry hit taste or is that because of the Mesh ?.

I must of caught the button by accident and wouldn't generally mess with something i know nothing about, i thought maybe a wattage boost of some sort but wasn't sure. Like i said i usually vape at around 30 watts which is high enough for me. If it adds 10 watts that would only put the wattage at 40 so wonder why the burnt dry hit taste or is that because of the Mesh ?.
Shouldn't really, most mesh is best around 50w & up, Wotofos Turbo & Chill good for 70w. Couldn't vape any mesh at 30w personally. If 40w is burning the cotton I would guess wicking is choking the juice flow.

It's ok at 30 but it's rewicking day tomorrow for the Kylin, i like to change the mesh and wick every 3 or 4 days, plus this is the first build in the Kylin and kind of just threw it in just to try it. It's a very nice RTA, don't know if you have tried it @nwhornet .

"Like i said i usually vape at around 30 watts which is high enough for me. "

Just curious you say you vape at 30W?
Is the Hadron powerful enough?

If I remember correctly if you have a ‘soft’ ‘normal’ or ‘hard’ mode then:

soft will be -10%

normal will be whatever it’s set to

hard will be +10%

Sounds like the same sort of thing but worded differently.

Back
Top Bottom