What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Pod Advice from you Kings & Queens

Bloody ell! How much choice is out there. Research may take a little longer methinks, and I haven't started watching reviews yet [emoji33]

Bloody ell! How much choice is out there. Research may take a little longer methinks, and I haven't started watching reviews yet [emoji33]

The market has been flooded with this kinda stuff recently.

I've tested so many pods and AIO's over the past year it's hard to keep up but the proof of the pudding is what I go back to, the Aegis Boost with and RBA head is one of my favourites but there's one little gem I haven't been able to put down for the past 3 weeks or so and is ideal for MTL, the Vaporesso XTRA, the draw isn't too tight either, my review has just gone up:
https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/reviews/pod-systems/vaporesso-xtra.html

I don't think the PM80 would be right as it has too much airflow for MTL, even if she prefers a looser draw.

Now that i have the pm30. I would say these would be my top 3

Vaporesso pm30
Vaporesso xtra
Zeta or Omega by think Vape

For ease of use the extra as there are no coils to fiddle with, just pop a pod in and off u go.
Saying that though the pm30 is push in coils, good battery life too

Anyway good luck! Its a flooded pod market out there matey

Now that i have the pm30. I would say these would be my top 3

Vaporesso pm30
Vaporesso xtra
Zeta or Omega by think Vape

For ease of use the extra as there are no coils to fiddle with, just pop a pod in and off u go.
Saying that though the pm30 is push in coils, good battery life too

Anyway good luck! Its a flooded pod market out there matey
Look forward to your review on the pm30, may get one for my high mg salts, you manage to fill it ok in the end? Will be interested to see if it leaks before I order one though

I've just gone through my pod stash and there aren't many I want to go back to that I previously rated, things have changed so much in a year:
  • Artery Pal 2 - Still not bad but flavour is lacking now. (I have one on the go and rarely reach for it)
  • Smoant Pasito/Potato - This one has certainly fallen from grace, the better flavour is from the RBA but even that is average now, though the draw is looser.
  • Artery Nugget AIO *with RBA - one of the better flavour givers but requires rewicking often.
  • Vaporesso OSMALL - This is next gen for flavour but prone to leaking.
  • Smok Nord - Move along, nothing to see here, loose draw and average flavour - though acceptable for DTL with 0.6ohm mesh.
  • Lost Vape Lyra - I regret rating this one highly in last years review, the coils went downhill fast, they were great upon release but the suck now.
  • Geekvape Aegis Boost - I still rate this device, stock coils are superb and the RBA gives a dripper like flavour, downside is it is prone to leaks but something I can live with.
  • Lost Vape PRANA - Unlike the LYRA the new pods are next gen for flavour but sadly it is prone to leaking.
  • Vapefly Jester - Stock coils are decent but the RBA makes this one of my favourites, downside is loose draw.
  • Artery Pal Stick - Flavour is a little better than the PAL 2 but I don't enjoy it much and sat unused.
  • Sense Orbit BABY - The flavour from this little beauty is superb, only been knocked off the No1 perch by the Vaporesso XTRA.
  • Vapefly Galaxies MTL Stick - The only Vapefly product I don't rate, the thing is simply too high in power, like putting 20 watts through a 12 watt coil.
  • Lost Vape Q-ULTRA - This one could be a contender if you don't mind it's size, I really like this kit and my main con was the airflow being too loose and the AFC simply doesn't work, great coils & RBA is even better.
  • Thinkvape Zeta - Some QC issues though there's a workaround but it just isn't good enough to stay in my rotation.
  • DOT AIO SE - With the RBA I still love this bit of kit but I'm finding I don't reach for it that often.
I'm not going to include the Vaporesso PM80 as I consider that a Sub Ohm DTL device.

There are some older pods that aren't worth mentioning and a couple of others I've since parted with so I will leave it there for now.

Look forward to your review on the pm30, may get one for my high mg salts, you manage to fill it ok in the end? Will be interested to see if it leaks before I order one though

Hi Cozy

Yep managed to fill it, i was me being an absolute numpty mate. Filling it no problems now. So far so good, nice kit tbh, not leaking yet but as you know that can change. I will update you mid next week on it. If this kit does not leak this will be definitely one of my top 2 fior sure. The airflow is good, not too tight or too loose. Nice hit with 1.2 coil and 10mg salts. Going to try the 0.8 mesh coil tomorrow.

Dee

Last edited:
Hi Cozy

Yep managed to fill it, it was me being an absolute numpty mate. Filling it no problems now. So far so good, nice kit tbh, not leaking yet but as you know that can change. I will update you mid next week on it. If this kit does not leak this will be definitely one of my top 2 fior sure. The airflow is good, not too tight or too loose. Nice hit with 1.2 coil and 10mg salts. Going to try the 0.8 mesh coil tomorrow.

Dee

Look forward to seeing what you think of the 0.8 ohm coil. Am hoping it gives another decent MTL option.

I've just gone through my pod stash and there aren't many I want to go back to that I previously rated, things have changed so much in a year:
  • Artery Pal 2 - Still not bad but flavour is lacking now. (I have one on the go and rarely reach for it)
  • Smoant Pasito/Potato - This one has certainly fallen from grace, the better flavour is from the RBA but even that is average now, though the draw is looser.
  • Artery Nugget AIO *with RBA - one of the better flavour givers but requires rewicking often.
  • Vaporesso OSMALL - This is next gen for flavour but prone to leaking.
  • Smok Nord - Move along, nothing to see here, loose draw and average flavour - though acceptable for DTL with 0.6ohm mesh.
  • Lost Vape Lyra - I regret rating this one highly in last years review, the coils went downhill fast, they were great upon release but the suck now.
  • Geekvape Aegis Boost - I still rate this device, stock coils are superb and the RBA gives a dripper like flavour, downside is it is prone to leaks but something I can live with.
  • Lost Vape PRANA - Unlike the LYRA the new pods are next gen for flavour but sadly it is prone to leaking.
  • Vapefly Jester - Stock coils are decent but the RBA makes this one of my favourites, downside is loose draw.
  • Artery Pal Stick - Flavour is a little better than the PAL 2 but I don't enjoy it much and sat unused.
  • Sense Orbit BABY - The flavour from this little beauty is superb, only been knocked off the No1 perch by the Vaporesso XTRA.
  • Vapefly Galaxies MTL Stick - The only Vapefly product I don't rate, the thing is simply too high in power, like putting 20 watts through a 12 watt coil.
  • Lost Vape Q-ULTRA - This one could be a contender if you don't mind it's size, I really like this kit and my main con was the airflow being too loose and the AFC simply doesn't work, great coils & RBA is even better.
  • Thinkvape Zeta - Some QC issues though there's a workaround but it just isn't good enough to stay in my rotation.
  • DOT AIO SE - With the RBA I still love this bit of kit but I'm finding I don't reach for it that often.
I'm not going to include the Vaporesso PM80 as I consider that a Sub Ohm DTL device.

There are some older pods that aren't worth mentioning and a couple of others I've since parted with so I will leave it there for now.

WOW that made for some interesting reading! Thank you for being so honest with this summary. :thankssign:

I do love a POD/AIO but the leaking does my head in. I too really enjoy the Osmall but now it has a tendency to continue to fire after I have stopped the pull and that has 100% been caused by the POD leaking, I had to always fill it, leave on tissue for 10 mins then put it in. So frustrating. I am going to get another one though and just take more care and check more frequently. I don't think I have found a POD that doesn't leak yet........maybe the PM30 will be the one Cozy.......really hope so. Actually the Omega has not leaked and I have been using that for weeks now but that's a AIO.

I was looking at the Prana recently wont bother now. I didn't like the Nord for the same reason.

I do enjoy the Sense Orbit Baby too, great little device that, mild leaking only.

I have always been a fan of the Artery Pal 2 and the palstick but agree now in comparison to the Xtra/Orbit Baby, Omega and PM30 I hardly use it. BUT the Extra has leaked a few times too :17:. Good thing is though it just stops working till you clean it and then works fine after

I do like the Artery PalSE but I ordered the old version V1, which is more on the airy side, the new one has better pods and reduced airflow so I may treat myself, I have ordered the V2 pods though as they will work in V1 and I have a vape ring covering 1 air hole LOL. Where there is a will theres a way!

I have just ordered some cheap older ones: IJOY Mercury Resin Starter Kit 1100mah Purple £5.71 & SENSE Sidekik Pod System Kit 460mah Yellow £3.75 both for under a tenner, worth a shot I think. I like to try as much as possible.
I hardly use my zeta now as I now use the Omega with the same 1.0ohm coils, i prefer it - I will put up a review for it I think, been meaning too for a while now, maybe tomorrow when the sun is hidden and I want feel like I should be outside :p

Can't wait for the Giveaways to open up again, got some nice stuff to give away.

Anyway I can see i am going on a bit so ciao for now Cozy, have a good day and thank you

Dee :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom