What's new

Please Help with Choosing Mod!

timja

Postman
I have been looking at getting a mod and am, whilst I'm not certain, it could well be between these:
  • OBS Cube VW Kit with Mesh Tank 3000mAh Starter Kit (good mesh tank and looks very straightforward to use - minus some menu options though)
  • OUMIER Rudder 200W TC Box Mod
  • Wismec Reuleaux RX GEN3 Mod (or Gen 2 for that matter)
  • Vaporesso Polar Kit (really like it but multiple Amazon reviews state leakage)
  • Voopoo Drag 157W TC Box MOD with Super Gene Chip

Can anyone advise me on which might be better? I'd like something I can vape CBD and otherwise make my own juices and, at times, get a smooth vape and big clouds as per the MTLs when I feel like so inclined :)

I've heard each have pros and cons but am pretty sure people here will know far more.

Any help would be much appreciated. I know I'll be buying others in due course but this really is a minefield and I want my first mod to be a good one.

Last edited:
Theres a saying that goes a jack of all trades is a master of none.
If you want to be able to mtl get an mtl tank if you want to be able to dtl get a dtl tank.

I have been looking at getting a mod and am, whilst I'm not certain, it could well be between these:
  • OBS Cube VW Kit with Mesh Tank 3000mAh Starter Kit (good mesh tank and looks very straightforward to use - minus some menu options though)
  • OUMIER Rudder 200W TC Box Mod
  • Wismec Reuleaux RX GEN3 Mod (or Gen 2 for that matter)
  • Vaporesso Polar Kit (really like it but multiple Amazon reviews state leakage)

Can anyone advise me on which might be better? I'd like something I can vape CBD and otherwise make my own juices and, at times, get a smooth vape and big clouds as per the MTLs when I feel like so inclined :)

I've heard each have pros and cons but am pretty sure people here will know far more.

Any help would be much appreciated. I know I'll be buying others in due course but this really is a minefield and I want my first mod to be a good one.
in terms of both MTL and DL vaping.

Get a hellvape hellbeast tank. It comes with an adaptor to use Aspire nautilus v2 coils so you can turn the tank into a high capacity MTL tank and the hellbeast coils are fantastic for DL vaping.

In terms of the mod, what exactly are you wanting from a mod exactly? The OBS cube for example will be a smaller mod but a lot of good praise for it. However give me an idea of what your perfect mod would be like and perhaps i can help out with a recommendation to check out.

Theres a saying that goes a jack of all trades is a master of none.
If you want to be able to mtl get an mtl tank if you want to be able to dtl get a dtl tank.

I am very grateful that I have a Triton 2 on the way to me right now. I think this is good mostly for mtl but the site says it can dtl. With regard to mods, it's not always clear which are DTL for those clouds.

in terms of both MTL and DL vaping.

Get a hellvape hellbeast tank. It comes with an adaptor to use Aspire nautilus v2 coils so you can turn the tank into a high capacity MTL tank and the hellbeast coils are fantastic for DL vaping.

In terms of the mod, what exactly are you wanting from a mod exactly? The OBS cube for example will be a smaller mod but a lot of good praise for it. However give me an idea of what your perfect mod would be like and perhaps i can help out with a recommendation to check out.

Thanks - watching your vids now. I suppose my perfect mod would be able to do big clouds, good taste but able to tone down for less cloudy vapes. I do want to vape CBD from time to time and mix my own juices.

I am very grateful that I have a Triton 2 on the way to me right now. I think this is good mostly for mtl but the site says it can dtl. With regard to mods, it's not always clear which are DTL for those clouds.

A mod is purely a delivery system for power. Single cell/built in battery mods lend themselves to MTL as high watts isn't a requirement. DTL benefits from multi cell mods as the extra power is available.

as i said previously the triton 2 is a great tank. its actually the only one i use for my manabush fix.
these are the coils ive used but sadly Aspire said the 1.8 mtl coils are not available in the uk anymore due to the 2ml tpd but i dont understand what they are on about as they still sell the 0.5 which uses more juice.
0.5ohm = 40-45w
1.8ohm = 10-13w

you can get the 1.8 from china but not fastech. there is a way around buying from them but it means ordering something else at the same price, pay and then cancel for vouchers. then use the vouchers to buy the 1.8 coils and all is hunky dorey. just putting 1.8 triton in cart it wont let you checkout.

Thank you @MrDJ

I'm starting to think that a MTL could be better for my CBD vaping mixes and a DTL for bigger hits of flavour in general.

If your going to switch between MTL/DTL then a dual cell mod would suit you better. Asthetics then play a part, does it look good to you. There's not a lot between mods in the mid price range other than some brands are best avoided.

Back
Top Bottom