What's new

Plastic tank breakers?

Ultem tanks are supposed to be highly resistant to cracking. I have one on my KF Lite 2019.

Ultem tanks are supposed to be highly resistant to cracking. I have one on my KF Lite 2019.
Ultem looks to be a very useful material but from what I've read it's semi translucent. Very tough and great for 3D printers.

Ultem looks to be a very useful material but from what I've read it's semi translucent. Very tough and great for 3D printers.

A lot of tanks with ultem are not very clear, but I have to say the one on my KF Lite is almost like glass.

upload_2020-1-19_13-32-55.jpeg

While the material Ultem is no doubt very good for cracking and heat resistance I still can't get past the smokey yellow tinge it has, reminds me too much of smoking, so for me it's a no.

A lot of tanks with ultem are not very clear, but I have to say the one on my KF Lite is almost like glass.

View attachment 209447
But not glass lol. It does look pretty clear tho. The ones I've seen have that slight yellowish tinge. Do you find it stains with certain juices or does it clean off like it does on glass ones?
My old iclear 30 with the polycarbonate tanks used to get quite gumed up and wouldn't clean after a while.

But not glass lol. It does look pretty clear tho. The ones I've seen have that slight yellowish tinge. Do you find it stains with certain juices or does it clean off like it does on glass ones?
My old iclear 30 with the polycarbonate tanks used to get quite gumed up and wouldn't clean after a while.

It has got a yellow tinge to it but I don't mind that. Not noticed it becoming gummed up. Seems to clean fine

It has got a yellow tinge to it but I don't mind that. Not noticed it becoming gummed up. Seems to clean fine
Goes well with Gold tanks. Good that it doesnt gum up like the old polycarbonate ones did.

Last edited:

View attachment 209447
That'll be polished Ultem (it's chemically polished I believe?) and highly resistant to cracking/tarnishing etc.
But I'm not convinced cheaper tanks are using high grade Ultem, if it's even Ultem at all - possibly coloured PMMA, who knows for certain as you can only take their word for it, but Svoemesto et al don't fuck around with shitty materials.

Back
Top Bottom