What's new

Plastic tank breakers?

Frogprince

Achiever
I know some liquids can cause plastic tanks to crack, is it certain flavours or nic strength? Wich should you avoid using in plastic tanks?

Also what about squonk bottles? Do any liquids affect those in any way?

I know some liquids can cause plastic tanks to crack, is it certain flavours or nic strength? Wich should you avoid using in plastic tanks?

This used to be a sticky but it's not been posted in for over two years - https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/...hat/threads/juice-that-crack-your-tanks.1244/

I don't use tanks and haven't used a plastic one in years, but citrus/anise/rhubarb etc etc can cause issues. But no issues whatsoever with squonk bottles for me.

Two issues I have had involved Gorilla bottles when making my DIY mixes. Flavour Art Citrus Mix and Flavour West Black Licorice both caused cracking issues around the top of the bottle section. Gorillas are notorious for getting tiny cracks in that section of the bottles anyway being a hard plastic and the filler tops having to be pushed really hard into them. But those two flavours took it to another level and seemed to make the issue 10 times worse as well as creating an opaque ring around the inside of the tank at the top of the juice level. They are crap bottles anyway in my opinion. The place I used to get them from stopped selling them due to complaints like mine. I have had no issues though with any actual tanks. Nor any other bottles and still use those flavours today.

Are not plastic tanks a thing of the past or are there still tanks being made with this.
The old, and have to say much loved iClear 30's were polycarbonate and did suffer with cracking and staining with certain juices.
Never had any isuues with Nic strength causing the problem.
I'm not a pod or squonk user so don't know about these.

I have more plastic tanks than glass ones @Richard Winter . Maybe they are old relics, mind. I’ve never had any crack, so i doubt it is caused by nic.

I have more plastic tanks than glass ones @Richard Winter . Maybe they are old relics, mind. I’ve never had any crack, so i doubt it is caused by nic.
Only my older tanks of approx 5 yrs ago were plastic. I had one crack but a few did get stained with certain juices. Never had issues with Nic and never heard there being issues with Nic

Let me think. Of all the tanks I’ve had, doggy, hussar, pico-s, calixes, dvarw, kayfun lite, there are surely more. I think I prefer plastic tanks.

edit: maybe i should post about them in the guilty pleasures thread.

Let me think. Of all the tanks I’ve had, doggy, hussar, pico-s, calixes, dvarw, kayfun lite, there are surely more. I think I prefer plastic tanks.

edit: maybe i should post about them in the guilty pleasures thread.
These are old tanks lol
I wonder if these are environmentally friendly lol.

Back
Top Bottom