What's new

Picture of your battery wraps

I never used to bother as a lot of older mods often had tight spaces and excess wraps could lead to heat build up but I've started using them to be able to differentiate between high amp cells and higher mah cells for mtl. They're also great when used as a group at showing from a glance the age as I buy a group and have them in matching wraps.

Last edited:
I've never bothered with fancy wraps, not cheap for what they are and they're going in a mod anyway, and usually use whatever bright colours I have lying around - but it was annoying me that I could see the battery slightly through the door of my squonker, found some 'Just Add Nic' ones I forgot I had and now it's much more stealthy! (superb wraps, a good thickness/durability and all of the creases come out of them! Just need to put the logo to the rear of the mod)
IMG_20200114_104617.jpg
IMG_20200114_104701.jpg

Prob a stoopid question but at what point should you rewrap batteries and why?
When they're torn, got knicks or cuts in them. Any damage especially around the pos end as that is the easiest place to short the cell. Or if you're vain, whenever you like.:D:D

Prob a stoopid question but at what point should you rewrap batteries and why?
It’s really not a stupid question at all. It’s something hardly anyone gets told about which is ridiculous and potentially dangerous.
See above for answers

ok - thanks for the info, I have some spare wraps supplied with the batteries and my older ones are looking a little worn. Can anyone recommend a good tutorial on rewrapping?

ok - thanks for the info, I have some spare wraps supplied with the batteries and my older ones are looking a little worn. Can anyone recommend a good tutorial on rewrapping?
Yes I did a good guide on rewrapping batteries a while ago. Give me 5 mins and I will link it to you.

Back
Top Bottom