What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Part 2: Mesh Coil Still Not Getting Good Hits

Anthony Nader

Postman
hello, I just purchased a new Dual Mesh Coil for my SMOK X-Priv with Prince tank.
I started off with the single mesh and was not getting good hits so i thought maybe it was a bad coil (knowing SMOK).
After letting that coil burn out, I now just got a Dual Mesh and I am still not getting good hits from it and the flavours are muted a lot.

I am priming coils correctly and starting at low wattage working my way up to break in the coil, yet the coil has still let me down...I thought mesh was going to be a lot better from the standard coils, however it has really let me down. I really expected a lot more out of them.

Am i doing something wrong? Cause i am considering just going back to the standard coils
or are there any other coils made my other companies that will fit the Prince tank?

Mate, switch to another brand of Tank and Coils using mesh. I'm sure you will then see why so many like them. Stop wasting your time and money on an inferior product from an inferior company.
It's a bummer, i have done the same, most of us have at one time or another, smash it and move on.

Mate, switch to another brand of Tank and Coils using mesh. I'm sure you will then see why so many like them. Stop wasting your time and money on an inferior product from an inferior company.
It's a bummer, i have done the same, most of us have at one time or another, smash it and move on.
I think I will take that advice. thanks a lot. Can you recommend any tanks that are good for flavour chasers?

...and that are compatible with the X-Priv

All will be compatible with the mod, I echo tazz statement get yourself another tank and stop wasting money on your current one, either falcon with m1 or m2 coils or freemax mesh pro tank have good write ups there are a few reviews on here on both, I rate the falcon but I want to try the freemax from what I've read also

I also have a couple of uwell nunchaku tanks which are decent also never had a leak and pretty good flavour but at lower wattage 40-50 on the 0.25 coils and the coils last ages, I do like the falcon more will probably trying the freemax next and I'm also gonna try an rta soon too, vaporesso cascade is also a decent tank with the gt mesh coils had a couple of leaks but could of been user error rather than the tank may have overfilled it or maybe not seated the coil properly

I also have a couple of uwell nunchaku tanks which are decent also never had a leak and pretty good flavour but at lower wattage 40-50 on the 0.25 coils and the coils last ages, I do like the falcon more will probably trying the freemax next and I'm also gonna try an rta soon too, vaporesso cascade is also a decent tank with the gt mesh coils had a couple of leaks but could of been user error rather than the tank may have overfilled it or maybe not seated the coil properly
thanks I really appreciate your advice I will start looking into the tanks you suggested and try to get one soon because SMOK is really letting me down here

Yeah hopefully you haven't bought alot of the smok coils but the above are good ones to try, it also depends on what juice you using too as juices that have alot of sweeteners like nasty juice can also kill coils very quickly, also make sure you prime the coils first and break them in gently start off at low watts then slowly build up till the coil rating, I usually go halfway between the coil rating so 40 - 50 w coil rating I'll go with 45 once broken in

Yeah hopefully you haven't bought alot of the smok coils but the above are good ones to try, it also depends on what juice you using too as juices that have alot of sweeteners like nasty juice can also kill coils very quickly, also make sure you prime the coils first and break them in gently start off at low watts then slowly build up till the coil rating, I usually go halfway between the coil rating so 40 - 50 w coil rating I'll go with 45 once broken in
Yeah that is exactly how i prime and break in my coils so I am not sure what the problem is.
But I looked up the Freemax and I think I am going to end up getting that one. The freemax or the falcon both seem like really good tanks....so itll be one of those.

Never tried the smok tank or coils but from what I've read they don't last long and don't perform too well, yeah go for the freemax or falcon they both get good reviews off alot of people will probably be like night and day between them, hope you get on with the new tank good luck pal

Back
Top Bottom