What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Oumier WASP Nano Mechanical Squonk Kit

tomandroz

Postman
Hi

I have just purchased an Oumier WASP Nano Mechanical Squonk Kit. This is my first venture away from a sub tank.

I could do some advice on set up etc, I have never been brave enough to move away from the safety of a sub tank! Until now.

How can I ensure I am safe? Which would be the best coil? So I also need to invest in some tools etc?

Any help or advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance

I think the bank holiday has left everyone too exhausted to run through this again.
I assume you have a regulated mod or coil ohms tester to check your build on.
The wasp was a great bargain rda but you really need to know your ohms law before venturing into coil building.
I can't remember if the was had coils included. I know the rta did as I reviewed it recently.
Here's a good video to get your eye in.

Let us know if you have pre built coils ,wire.. What wire, wicking ect.

Hi

Thank for your reply, as the post suggests I am starting this ground a point of zero knowledge.

All I have is a set of 18650 batteries! No coils and no cotton, and indeed no tools or experience!

Looking for recommendations so I get the right coils, cotton and tools if required.

Many thanks

Tom

Hi

Thank for your reply, as the post suggests I am starting this ground a point of zero knowledge.

All I have is a set of 18650 batteries! No coils and no cotton, and indeed no tools or experience!

Looking for recommendations so I get the right coils, cotton and tools if required.

Many thanks

Tom
Ok tom.
Well the easiest way to start would be to buy some pre made coils.
Something like this.
https://www.vapeclub.co.uk/vape-coils/coil-art/0-3-ohm-coil-art-handmade-fused-clapton-coils
Ohms aren't too low and they are nichrome which heats up fast with a mech mod.
You will need a way of checking your build for safety and ohms for safety before putting it on a mech. An old mod will do. Once the coil is fitted in the rda you can then pop it in and check the ohms are above a safe level for your battery and there's no shorts anywhere for safety before using on an unregulated device.
An awful lot to learn.

Not sure why links have gone down but find "quick and effective coil build for rda 's by from green" or similar from vaping with vic, zophie vapes, they will offer an idea of where your heading.

Last edited:
Ok tom.
Well the easiest way to start would be to buy some pre made coils.
Something like this.
https://www.vapeclub.co.uk/vape-coils/coil-art/0-3-ohm-coil-art-handmade-fused-clapton-coils
Ohms aren't too low and they are nichrome which heats up fast with a mech mod.
You will need a way of checking your build for safety and ohms for safety before putting it on a mech. An old mod will do. Once the coil is fitted in the rda you can then pop it in and check the ohms are above a safe level for your battery and there's no shorts anywhere for safety before using on an unregulated device.
An awful lot to learn.
Apologies for the video not working. We will try again.

Have a watch of this.

you'll find many "learn to fit and make coil videos" .
You really must start with a regulated mod rather than a mech mod for safety. They can be picked up from ten quid on UK vendors sale sections.
Hopefully others will start filling you in here. I will pop some recommendations up later but watch those coil making and wicking videos on YouTube and we can point you inn the direction of tools and materials to fit you budget.
I'd probably recommend most just stick to kits these day's as there is little benefit anymore in building yourself as kit has got so good plus it's much safer.
Have a read through our "how too and guides" section . It offers lots of coil building and wicking advice as well.
it's a big and complex question your asking.

Last edited:
Hi

Thanks very much for these pointers, I have purchased a coil master tool kit which appears to have most of what you have pointed at, just ness to settle on a pre made coil and some cotton. And I should be set to try and find my way.

I take your point about regulated set ups I tried a dripper a while back and was blown away by the flavour! Hence the dabble now, will let you know how I get on!

Any recommendation on coil and cotton manufacturers?

Cheers

Tom

Stelthvape and attywire are both sources of good quality wire. Cotton is quite subjective, but I'd personally recommend Cloud 9 Cotton from vaperbay :)

Hi

Thanks for the input, I have done plenty of YouTube surfing this evening! And purchased what I need, should be good to go tomorrow if it all arrives on time!

I will let you know how I get on with this journey......

Many Thanks

Tom

Back
Top Bottom