What's new

ohms - wattage

levi1197

Initiate
Hi POTV,

Just a query. I've bought some smok v8-t8 octuple coils for my baby beast, I've just started using my 3rd, it is reading at .269, supposed to be 0.15, they are authentic.

The recommended wattage is 50-110, best at 60-80.

Being a new coil, I start right at the bottom of that range, and work my way up, but right off the bat at 53 watts, it seems close to the max of it's capabilities, I'm assuming this is because the difference in resistance, but at the same time, ive just ordered the v8-t6, which are .2 resistance, but rated higher wattage, which has confused me, so ill stay low whilst using this coil.

My question is, is there a formula or some way of working out ideal wattage for this resistance and this coil type?

Many thanks,
Stay Cloudy

Hi POTV,

Just a query. I've bought some smok v8-t8 octuple coils for my baby beast, I've just started using my 3rd, it is reading at .269, supposed to be 0.15, they are authentic.

The recommended wattage is 50-110, best at 60-80.

Being a new coil, I start right at the bottom of that range, and work my way up, but right off the bat at 53 watts, it seems close to the max of it's capabilities, I'm assuming this is because the difference in resistance, but at the same time, ive just ordered the v8-t6, which are .2 resistance, but rated higher wattage, which has confused me, so ill stay low whilst using this coil.

My question is, is there a formula or some way of working out ideal wattage for this resistance and this coil type?

Many thanks,
Stay Cloudy

Not really, it's a case of starting at the low end & work up.
I'd be more concerned about the resistance being so far out. Make sure the 510 threads & pins are clean as this may be throwing up the discrepancy.

Take you tank off and fire the mod tankless a couple of times then put the tank back on and fire again and select new coil, see if the ohms change

Not really, it's a case of starting at the low end & work up.
I'd be more concerned about the resistance being so far out. Make sure the 510 threads & pins are clean as this may be throwing up the discrepancy.
Hi Nwhornet.
Yes, I was quite worried about this, I do cleane by connecters/pins almost daily, so this wasnt an issue.
Take you tank off and fire the mod tankless a couple of times then put the tank back on and fire again and select new coil, see if the ohms change
Yes I done this and it changed to 0.186 which is more common with rest of pack. why did this happen and it didnt read it right when I 1st attached?
Many thanks to both of you.

Not sure but you should make a habit of doing this every time you change tank or coil to get a true reading

Try starting the coils around 25w after soaking them in juice for 20 minutes, then adjust power until you hit your sweet spot. Ignore the quoted settings on the coils [emoji6]

Not sure but you should make a habit of doing this every time you change tank or coil to get a true reading
Yes thankyou, I will do this each time! Thought it was too large a difference for a stock coil tbh.
Try starting the coils around 25w after soaking them in juice for 20 minutes, then adjust power until you hit your sweet spot. Ignore the quoted settings on the coils [emoji6]
Yes I usually let them soak for a good while prior to use. I will start at a lower wattage as you suggest to be on the safe side, I've notice the ratings are usually bull, and pretty inconsistent lol. Many thanks to you all. Stay cloudy.

Back
Top Bottom