What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Ohms jumping on Mod

thestallion

Hey guys, I bought a Geekvape Blade and a Horizon Falcon King two months ago and I've been experiencing serious issues for the past month.

First, the mod always reads higher Ohms than the coils I'm using (0.16), usually between 0.20 and 0.25.

Then at irregular intervals (sometimes after every puff, sometimes after 5, 10, 20) the "new atomizer" screen pops up, and saying something like "old 0.23 - new 0.45", keep in mind these numbers change all the time and are not fixed.

Also, every time I fire it the actual reading goes down, again at irregular ohms, sometimes 0.19, sometimes .24, maybe .30.

I've already tried multiple coils and to clean the 510 thread on the atomizer and the mod but it hasn't fixed the issue.

Obviously this destroys the coils in no time and I can never get the proper flavor and vapor experience out of it.

Has this ever happened to anyone or do you have any idea on how to fix it?

Contact Geekvape at [email protected] If you ask, they will give you a copy of the firmware. Reinstall it and see if that fixes the problem.

Last edited:
@thestallion where did you buy it from shop or online?

Bought from FastTech!

Then maybe a loose wire/connection somewhere. If you bought it very recently - send it back.

If you can't send it back - either it's time for a new mod or find someone to try and fix it (if you cannot do it yourself).

https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/...ds/mod-issues-and-advise.143796/#post-1562018

I made the purchase April 10th. I already got in touch with FastTech support.. let's see how their customer service is. I have no experience in opening and fixing mods, I checked the thread you linked but jaysvapereviews hasn't logged in for more than one year, maybe you can point me to someone else? I tried to look for some repair service online but couldn't find any :\

It worked okay for a month?

What batteries have you been using?

It did! Batteries are 2x Molicel P42A from Fogstar.

@thestallion maybe @KytanDale might be able to help you out

Amazing! I'll see if he pops up in here before sending him a message.

Here is a video showing the issue:

I couldn't catch it on video but often as I said in the OP the "new coil detected" screen pops up with random ohms reading (always way higher than what it should be, 0.16). Sometimes even after every couple of puffs!

Are you sure it's an issue with the mod? I would looking at the tank myself.... can you try a different tank on the mod or the tank on a different mod?

Back
Top Bottom