What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Ohms, how low can I go

sandwich_slayer

Postman
My pocket vape at the moment is Igo L or Evod on an ego battery. What is the lowest I can go with the coil resistance. I am getting away with about 1.2 just now on the Igo.

Not sure there's a cut off on the ego. As long as the coil is sound, it'll work.

Personally wouldn't go lower than 1.2 myself, and would probably aim closer to 1.5.

3.7v divide by 1.2ohm is just over 3 amps.

2 tends to be a lot of folks' sweet spot.

Though i am drunk and open to correction :)

I'll go down to about 0.8, others would go lower, but I wouldn't consider sub ohms on an ego, and would do it with care on mechs anyway.

Not sure there's a cut off on the ego. As long as the coil is sound, it'll work.

Personally wouldn't go lower than 1.2 myself, and would probably aim closer to 1.5.

3.7v divide by 1.2ohm is just over 3 amps.

2 tends to be a lot of folks' sweet spot.

Though i am drunk and open to correction :)
thanks, just did one at 1.1 and it's seems good. will stick to that and above I think.

My egos will fire my 1ohm coils however I wouldn't use an ego for long on anything lower than 1.2/1.3 as there is circuitry that will fry.
You get alot of heat convection from low resistance drippers so keep checking your ego battery,if it feels hot stop using and let it cool down.
it might be worth investing in an affordable mech mod

My egos will fire my 1ohm coils however I wouldn't use an ego for long on anything lower than 1.2/1.3 as there is circuitry that will fry.
You get alot of heat convection from low resistance drippers so keep checking your ego battery,if it feels hot stop using and let it cool down.
it might be worth investing in an affordable mech mod
thanks, yeah looking at mech mods for next month. using mvp at home so am ok there. i have one ego that gets a bit warm on the base at low ohm attys but only use that when my good one is flat.

Sigelei's do fairly good mech mods for around £30 the 19 is fairly decent, needs some tweaking but if you buy the unglued version it can be dismantled and serviced very easily

Sigelei's do fairly good mech mods for around £30 the 19 is fairly decent, needs some tweaking but if you buy the unglued version it can be dismantled and serviced very easily
thanks yeah been looking at them. my local bricks and mortar shop has a side button one and 2 different bottom button ones. picking up a couple of new attys and bits first but a sigelei or something like is next in a couple of weeks.

My favourite stealth vape is an ego with an igo S. I always try to get it around 1ohms but always comes out at 1.1ohms. I never had any problems with it. It does get a bit warm tho.

Back
Top Bottom