What's new

Ofrf gear rta, now the hype has calmed down a bit......

So the hype train pulled out the station now we get to the truth, average to good, thanks all for being honest. Think I'll stick with the Kensei and the Troll still.

Hi Guys,
I got one of these yesterday, my first rta. I can’t seem to get the wicking right, the first two efforts were very gurgly with good flavour but i seemed to be getting quite a lot of juice in my mouth. Re wicked it with a much thinner cotton and left minimal cotton over the juice ports and it’s a real spitty little bugger, unvapeable. I tried to follow Vaping with Vic’s tutorial on his review - don’t know if there is a better tutorial out there or whether anyone on here could help? Thanks in advance

I’ve cracked the wicking now. @vapellie is right about the cotton. It needs to be thick and fill the coil or you are going to get spitback. Generally it should resist against the coil but not so much it begins to mess up the coil. The cotton needs to be raked and juiced up. Once that’s done it needs to be folded over the juice well. You don’t want any cotton in there (the dam method as Victor calls it) or you’ll risk dry hits. It sounds to me like you haven’t got enough cotton going thought the coil so you are gettting non vaporised juice coming up.

PS. It’s still too bloody small

So the hype train pulled out the station now we get to the truth, average to good, thanks all for being honest. Think I'll stick with the Kensei and the Troll still.

The flavour is superb to be fair. But the size means it’s of little use. And it is a bugger to wick until you know (if you know what I mean!). I’d agree however, it’s a good tank but to be honest I get similar flavour from the dead rabbit and my serpent SMM.

I’ve cracked the wicking now. @vapellie is right about the cotton. It needs to be thick and fill the coil or you are going to get spitback. Generally it should resist against the coil but not so much it begins to mess up the coil. The cotton needs to be raked and juiced up. Once that’s done it needs to be folded over the juice well. You don’t want any cotton in there (the dam method as Victor calls it) or you’ll risk dry hits. It sounds to me like you haven’t got enough cotton going thought the coil so you are gettting non vaporised juice coming up.

PS. It’s still too bloody small

Thanks for your help guys, I’ll try again and hope for the best!

I been enjoying the ofrf gear rta however its getting use to the small tank capacity and how much it drinks

Best single coil RTA for flavour?

Purely going from other opinions on here it is worth looking at the EVL Reaper V3.

Back
Top Bottom