What's new

Ofrf gear rta, now the hype has calmed down a bit......

Sharkymarky88

Postman
Hi Apes

It’s pay day next week and about time I tended to my shinyitus needs!

I’ve been eyeballing an ofrf gear rta for some time now and was wondering after all the hype when it first came out of it being “the best single coil rta”
And “the best flavor in the history of ever” what’s it like to live with and is it actually any good?

Also if anyone happens to know where I can get one for a decent price it would be muchos appreciated [emoji1303]

Thanks all

I think it’s good, it’s fine, my mind was not blown off the chart compared to other single coil RTAs. I think flavour is on a par with for example the serpent elevate, perhaps it edges it slightly but not by a million miles as the reviews would suggest.

It can be painfully spitty if you don’t get the wicking right but it’s not that hard to get right. My tongue is still recovering from a bad wicking day last week, but it hasn’t happened since!

The 2ml capacity will either bother you or it won’t (I don’t mind refilling it every few minutes but it would bother some people).

I love it’s looks and how tiny it is for out and about.

Of course you have to change the fugly drip tip it comes with!

IMG_9206.jpg

Thanks for your reply @vapellie

I love the look of this little tank and it looks very simple to set up which is a big pro in my books!

I’m not expecting miracles but as long as it’s a decent vape then that’s all I’m after[emoji1303]

I couldn’t get to grips with the serpent elevate no matter how many times I wicked it and repositioned the coil it was just a ball ache [emoji37]

I've had mime a few days now and to be fair I personally think it was way overhyped. As @vapellie has said it's pretty much on par with the elevate wich I do enjoy aswell but I was sucked into the hype of this will be the best flavour ever in the history of rtas!!! I still prefer the flavour of my kylin mini to be fair. I also loved the look of it and how small it is even if it does need refilling a fair few times a day.

I’d agree with @vapellie and @Squeeb84

The flavour is banging - really really good. But..... a) the tank is just too small - you really can’t take it out as you need to fill the bugger constantly and b) I’ve had spitback, especially after refilling (see a) and c) the orings go from super tight when dry to falling off loose when erm lubed.

It’s a good RTA but definitely a overhyped one. If you want a little flavour banger for the house then get it

I’d agree with @vapellie and @Squeeb84

The flavour is banging - really really good. But..... a) the tank is just too small - you really can’t take it out as you need to fill the bugger constantly and b) I’ve had spitback, especially after refilling (see a) and c) the orings go from super tight when dry to falling off loose when erm lubed.

It’s a good RTA but definitely a overhyped one. If you want a little flavour banger for the house then get it

Thanks for the feedback bud, the small capacity doesn’t bother me at all, the spitback is a bit off putting but I think I’ll still take the plunge and order one as a little run around [emoji16]

Thanks again guys [emoji1303]

I've had mime a few days now and to be fair I personally think it was way overhyped. As @vapellie has said it's pretty much on par with the elevate wich I do enjoy aswell but I was sucked into the hype of this will be the best flavour ever in the history of rtas!!! I still prefer the flavour of my kylin mini to be fair. I also loved the look of it and how small it is even if it does need refilling a fair few times a day.

I’ve not tried the Kylin as I heard there were a few leaking issues with it.

I’m using the elevate now and I still can’t decide wether I like it or not, I’ve finally nailed the wicking and it’s working a treat. It’s just so much of a faff to get right every time, I just want something sweet and simple [emoji846]

I’ve not tried the Kylin as I heard there were a few leaking issues with it.

I’m using the elevate now and I still can’t decide wether I like it or not, I’ve finally nailed the wicking and it’s working a treat. It’s just so much of a faff to get right every time, I just want something sweet and simple [emoji846]

I'm not to fussed on the elevate if I'm honest I don't think I get the wicking right and I'm more of a air flow hog I think. I don't get the saturated taste with the elevate?? I do really like the gear so would defiantly recommend and i love the look of it. I ha my had spit back from it once yet but that's probably luck haha.
As for the kylin well if it wicked right then it's a lovely vape and full of flavour especially the mini but if I get it wrong then it can be very messy but I'm waiting on my new v2 to arrive.
Hope you enjoy the gear I don't think you'll be disappointed [emoji106]
1549574713538~2.jpeg

Hi Guys,
I got one of these yesterday, my first rta. I can’t seem to get the wicking right, the first two efforts were very gurgly with good flavour but i seemed to be getting quite a lot of juice in my mouth. Re wicked it with a much thinner cotton and left minimal cotton over the juice ports and it’s a real spitty little bugger, unvapeable. I tried to follow Vaping with Vic’s tutorial on his review - don’t know if there is a better tutorial out there or whether anyone on here could help? Thanks in advance

Hi Guys,
I got one of these yesterday, my first rta. I can’t seem to get the wicking right, the first two efforts were very gurgly with good flavour but i seemed to be getting quite a lot of juice in my mouth. Re wicked it with a much thinner cotton and left minimal cotton over the juice ports and it’s a real spitty little bugger, unvapeable. I tried to follow Vaping with Vic’s tutorial on his review - don’t know if there is a better tutorial out there or whether anyone on here could help? Thanks in advance

Go heavier on the cotton in the actual coil, not lighter. Not so much that it chokes, but enough that there is resistance when you pull it through the coil.

You can rake the tails through with the tweezers if they are too fat to go gently into the juice ports. You really don’t want to be stuffing these full.

Back
Top Bottom