What's new

OBS Cube mini coil issues

richard_uk

Postman
Recently switched from the Aspire Spryte to this cube mini kit and there’s a massive difference, much better flavour etc, I really like this set up and really want it to work, everything about it is perfect except for.. after a day or so of using a fresh coil it starts to get tighter to draw on, and starts to gurgle a bit, I’m assuming it’s the cotton swelling into the centre? Anyone else having this problem? Could it be the juice I’m using? (Element breeze nic salt juice)

Recently switched from the Aspire Spryte to this cube mini kit and there’s a massive difference, much better flavour etc, I really like this set up and really want it to work, everything about it is perfect except for.. after a day or so of using a fresh coil it starts to get tighter to draw on, and starts to gurgle a bit, I’m assuming it’s the cotton swelling into the centre? Anyone else having this problem? Could it be the juice I’m using? (Element breeze nic salt juice)

I've got the same kit I use the m1 coils.

I've never had a problem with the coils to be honest. Get decent life out of the coils but I change my coils in all my kits every weekend whether they need changing or not

I once tried an element e liquid an orange one and destroyed my coils within a day or two. So could be that

I only use prime vapes juice and it's not loaded with unnecessary amounts of sucralose or other nasty so my coils generally last okay

I think you’re probably right, tbh I hadn’t noticed just how sweet this juice is until I got the cube and can taste it properly, it must have been muted in the Spryte it tastes too sweet now. So now the hunt begins again to find a juice I like, I’ve been through 100s of juices in the past and most don’t make it past one tank full.

I think you’re probably right, tbh I hadn’t noticed just how sweet this juice is until I got the cube and can taste it properly, it must have been muted in the Spryte it tastes too sweet now. So now the hunt begins again to find a juice I like, I’ve been through 100s of juices in the past and most don’t make it past one tank full.
Give prime vapes a try mate. They got a good range of fruits and desserts.

I only use the sweet ones I get real flavours and they are not as harsh as other on the coils

They also dont taste horribly sweet like some american juices

Give prime vapes a try mate. They got a good range of fruits and desserts.

I only use the sweet ones I get real flavours and they are not as harsh as other on the coils

They also dont taste horribly sweet like some american juices
I’ve had a look on their website but they don’t appear to do a plain menthol, also doesn’t look like they do nic salt juice which I prefer, not sure 3mg would cut it now after vaping 10mg nic salt for so long and anything above 3mg freebase tastes horrible to me.

Still having issues with these coils, I got some different juice and I’m still getting the same problem, not even one tank of juice through it and it’s gone all tight and gurgly, seems to me these coils are faulty it’s the cotton swelling up and closing down the hole in the centre. The S1 mesh coils are fine it’s just the N1 coils doing it.

Still having issues with these coils, I got some different juice and I’m still getting the same problem, not even one tank of juice through it and it’s gone all tight and gurgly, seems to me these coils are faulty it’s the cotton swelling up and closing down the hole in the centre. The S1 mesh coils are fine it’s just the N1 coils doing it.

I've gone through a fair few packets of the m1 coils and I've not had any problems with them at all. What wattage are you vaping and are you priming them correctly?

Maybe have a dud coil? Gurgly normally means the tank is flooded. Is there any liquid in the airflow at the bottom of the tank?

Just so you know.. I've been vaping for years and been through all kinds of tanks and mods, rebuildable etc, but ended up going full circle and back to the simplicity and convenience of starter devices, I also got embarrassed about big clouds and just wanted a smooth high nic mtl, hence switching to salt.

I'm not sure what wattage I'm vaping at as there's no control on the Cube mini, but tbh it feels under powered compared to the Spryte so maybe something not right with it, it doesn't seem under powered with the S1 coils though. I always prime coils properly and also let them sit for at least 20 minutes before taking a hit. There's no liquid coming from the airflow at all, I don't think it's flooded I think it's just because of how swollen the cotton is down the centre, within half a tank or so it goes from comfortable at 2 holes to being tight on fully open. Maybe a bad batch of coils I don't know.

Thank you for the replies btw it's appreciated.

Ah I've just realised the coils you're using are totally different to the ones I'm having problems with, mine are N1 1.2ohm coils the S1 coils are .6ohm and are mesh like the M1 and i have no problem with those, but they're not really meant for mtl they're for dtl. I'm guessing you're using a full size Cube not the mini?

obs-cube-coils-demo.jpg

Ah I've just realised the coils you're using are totally different to the ones I'm having problems with, mine are N1 1.2ohm coils the S1 coils are .6ohm and are mesh like the M1 and i have no problem with those, but they're not really meant for mtl they're for dtl. I'm guessing you're using a full size Cube not the mini?

View attachment 201301

Hey mate

I've just realised your using the mini. I've never used that kit. I'm using the normal cube with m1. Sorry for the confusion

I cant offer anything I've never used that kit. Sorry mate

Back
Top Bottom