What's new

OBS Crius 2 builds

Cheers For that I'll get them ordered
@garryoo2

No worries fella.

This is how I personally build and wick my Crius.

Click on images to enlarge.

Make sure coil is off center and closer to side air vent. You want the coil to cover roughly half the center air hole.

IMAG1300.jpg

Side view of coil position.

IMAG1303.jpg

Cut the cotton nice and short so it just sticks out from the upper base.

IMAG1304.jpg

Tuck the cotton into the wick ports and prime the cotton with juice.

IMAG1305.jpg

Close it up, add some juice and vape on it for a couple of minutes.
IMAG1306.jpg

After you've vaped on it a few minutes open it up again. You'll see the cotton will have settled and sunk into the wick holes a bit.

IMAG1320.jpg

Gently lift the cotton out of the wick port, lifting the cotton from underneath. You will see a little "tail" that has formed from where the cotton has settled into the hole.

IMAG1308.jpg

Carefully, keeping the scissors horizontal when cutting, (as you want the top of the cotton to be a fraction longer than the bottom, as the top has longer to travel to reach the hole) cut the little tail off.
IMAG1309.jpg

Once you have cut the tail off gently replace the cotton on top of the wick port making sure you tuck it in nicely. You should now have just the right amount of cotton to plug the hole like a cork in a bottle. The goal here is to plug the hole so that the tank doesn't leak but doing it with as little cotton as we can get away with using, without causing a leak.

IMAG1310.jpg

Put back together, fill it up and vape away whilst watching all those lovely air bubbles showing that your tank is wicking well.

IMAG1311.jpg

Last edited:
Your a gentleman I was wondering about the off centre thing now I get it!
It's a great little tank I'm usually a duel coil but the flavour off this is amazing

Your a gentleman I was wondering about the off centre thing now I get it!
It's a great little tank I'm usually a duel coil but the flavour off this is amazing
It really is a fantastic tank. It never ceases to amaze me how with some tanks very small adjustments (in coil position and cotton density and length) can have such a huge impact on the quality of vape. You want the cotton to be a nice snug fit inside the coil with a bit of resistance as you're feeding it thru but the shorter you can have it at each end the better. You literally just want to cover the hole.

I was using the obs engine duel coil before this it was the same with the cotton just resting on the feed holes I'll be rewicking this tomorrow in the same way now.
I've just order those coils and some kendo gold cotton and a few other bits and peaces so I can see how it goes.

Thanks again for the advice and pics I'll have a little muck about tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom