What's new

Nova burnt taste

glad its not just me as well, could never get rid of the burnt taste with using the nova no matter how low the vv/vw was.
now use it on my 650mah stick to which there are no issues!!

UPDATE: Me again :) , all was going well until last night, i'm not getting a satisfactory throat hit to which i upped the wattage/ voltage then it just tasted burnt and horrible, something i'm doing wrong but i can't put my finger on it... any suggestions guys?

Ay up Josh, did you recoil the head yourself or are you using a brand new one? If you've recoiled it yourself, it's sometimes easy to wind the coils a bit too tightly on the wicks so that they dig into them and this can give a burnt taste.

What resistance head are you using and how many watts/volts are you running it at?

Oh... also are you using short or long wick heads?

Ay up Josh, did you recoil the head yourself or are you using a brand new one? If you've recoiled it yourself, it's sometimes easy to wind the coils a bit too tightly on the wicks so that they dig into them and this can give a burnt taste.

What resistance head are you using and how many watts/volts are you running it at?

Oh... also are you using short or long wick heads?

Hey SteffiJade,

Nah i didn't recoil it myself i just stuck a new head in, but i took apart the head that was getting the really bad burnt taste and i had burnt the crap outta the wicks, will post a pic on here soon to show you, so i pulled the wick through and trimmed the burnt bit off and made them even again, now looks like a nova with short wicks lol, i have yet to try it though,

Well at the moment i think i've found the sweet spot on it, 2.8ohm running at 6watts and thats pretty damn good apart from the odd burnt taste,

Using long wick heads :)

glad its not just me as well, could never get rid of the burnt taste with using the nova no matter how low the vv/vw was.
now use it on my 650mah stick to which there are no issues!!

Barracuda i did this exact same thing and it was fine, were you getting the burnt taste on every hit or just every now and then?

I've basically given up on my Nova it's just sitting on the shelf, I've recoiled it several times now and it creates a really good amount of vapor but I'm constantly getting a burnt taste as well despite continually tipping it and ensuring the wicks are soaked, it's done my head in and I've resorted to using my Igo-l exclusively at present, might give the Evod a try, gutted as I liked the Nova when it was working.

Rockhopper i was looking at the igo-l are they as good as they say? i've heard good things about the kanger t3 aswell?

Hey SteffiJade,

Nah i didn't recoil it myself i just stuck a new head in, but i took apart the head that was getting the really bad burnt taste and i had burnt the crap outta the wicks, will post a pic on here soon to show you, so i pulled the wick through and trimmed the burnt bit off and made them even again, now looks like a nova with short wicks lol, i have yet to try it though,

Well at the moment i think i've found the sweet spot on it, 2.8ohm running at 6watts and thats pretty damn good apart from the odd burnt taste,

Using long wick heads :)

There's a bit of a balance between raw power and smoothness when it comes to choosing what resistance to use. Lower resistances require less voltage to deliver the same wattage as a higher resistance head, but because the higher resistance head will typically have more coils in it, it provides a larger surface area to produce vape and usually, a smoother vape than lower resistances.

I recoil my VN heads and usually aim for around 2.3 ohms resistance... what I see as a good balance between smoothness and voltage requirements/amp draw. The long coil wicks seem to work better than the shorter wicks. When I recoil I tend to use 3 long strands of 1 mm wick... seems to keep the coil nicely fed.

Anyhoo, glad that you've got yourself sorted.

Does it have the short wick I found anything above 3.5 volts or 5 watts it burns the juice off too quickly and I got the horrid burnt taste so I rewicked mine and left the wicks longer and now can take it to higher volts and wattages

Rockhopper i was looking at the igo-l are they as good as they say? i've heard good things about the kanger t3 aswell?

I'm very happy with it, a doddle to recoil and produces great vapour and flavour as well as holding a reasonable amount of juice, also hearing good things about the pheonix which is very similar, I'm going to give the evod a try next.

The Vivi nova is a reasonable tank for silica wick but it has the same drawback as the CE4's and I watched PBusardo demonstrate this in a review lmao, my point being when they are full they wick just great but when they get to around half way or below you have to occasionaly tilt them to ensure there is enough juice on the wick its all down to darn gravity.

Simon aka Cobra3164

Back
Top Bottom