What's new

Nova burnt taste

Joshyboy

Postman
Hi Everybody :)

Hope everyone is well,

I've recently brought the vamo (absolutely loving it) with a vivi nova 2.4ohm first couple of tank fulls were fine, but yesterday night i took it apart, cleaned it and put it all back together, ( Looked at a pbusardo vid on how to do it) dry burnt a little bit just like the video, then refilled with some l&b 80/20 pg/vg 18mg, and it was brilliant, but today im only getting a foul burnt taste, i've tried it even at 3v (i normally vape at 3.7 and the wattage is at 3 aswell, could i have burnt the wicks? i've also tried tilting and twirling it, any help would be much appreciated guys :)

Regards

Josh

hi josh...have you tried a different head at all?....i know they should last longer but it may be a duff one or you have inadvertantly burnt the wicks...i love novas and now coil my own and its def not hard....costs about £2.50 for a bit of wick and wire (.2 kanthal and 2ml silica)...give it a go it saves loads :)

oh and it sounds like your maybe making same mistake as i did with the vamo..its either watts OR volts....so if your in watts the voltage adjusts accordingly which is what i believe most people do...flicking back and forth between them it always reverts back to 3 volts or 3 watts :)

hope this helps

hi josh...have you tried a different head at all?....i know they should last longer but it may be a duff one or you have inadvertantly burnt the wicks...i love novas and now coil my own and its def not hard....costs about £2.50 for a bit of wick and wire (.2 kanthal and 2ml silica)...give it a go it saves loads :)

oh and it sounds like your maybe making same mistake as i did with the vamo..its either watts OR volts....so if your in watts the voltage adjusts accordingly which is what i believe most people do...flicking back and forth between them it always reverts back to 3 volts or 3 watts :)

hope this helps

I have a couple of spare heads at home which i will try tonight, think one is 1.8ohms and i don't know what the other one is, definately will try to coil my own as have been told it's so much better, oh right i did wonder about the wattage, that was going to be my next question what watts suit to which voltage lol, what about the voltage setting for a 1.8ohm head ?

Try checking the heat resistant sleeve that surrounds the coil in the head... if this has been burned/blackened it can give a nasty taste.

If it is burned/blackened I'd try swapping to a new head or recoil the head you're using now.

edit to add:

The following link is to an ohms law calculator... if you put in the resistance and voltage values, it shows the watts being put out. From this you can get an idea of how many volts to use with a particular resistance to get the wattage you're after: http://www.ohmslawcalculator.com/ohms_law_calculator.php

Last edited:
Try checking the heat resistant sleeve that surrounds the coil in the head... if this has been burned/blackened it can give a nasty taste.

If it is burned/blackened I'd try swapping to a new head or recoil the head you're using now.

edit to add:

The following link is to an ohms law calculator... if you put in the resistance and voltage values, it shows the watts being put out. From this you can get an idea of how many volts to use with a particular resistance to get the wattage you're after: http://www.ohmslawcalculator.com/ohms_law_calculator.php

Thanks steffijade,

I've set it to the vw setting and ramped it up to 4watts & vaping it at an angle which seems to be doing the trick at the moment, will wait till i get home from work to have a proper tinker with it, will let you know how it all pans out :)

4 Watts? I know everyone has different preferences but 4 watts seems a bit on the low side to me to be getting an effective vape.

Have you checked the ohm reading of the VN using the Vamo since you did the dry burn? I suppose it's possible that the coil got shifted slightly during the dry burn and if a couple of the winds are touching each other, it could be altering the resistance?

Anyway.. hope you get sorted out. ;)

When using my Vivi Nova I constantly have to tilt it to keep the wick wet (PITA) and run it a 6w.......this does however vary depending what juice I have ii it.

I also drilled out both the air holes last night to give a more airy vape.............KI think it's better now.

UPDATE:

Took the nova apart and gave it a good clean up aswell as changing the heads to the 2.8ohm, chucked in some egg custard tart and it's going great now, had a look at the old head and didn't really see anything wrong with it, but i did notice the coil looked a bit loose? whether that was me playing around with it or not i don't know,

SteffiJade it was a 2.4 ohm head and checked it the other day and it was 2.5ohm on the reader but rechecked when i got home tonight and it had gone down to 2.4,

As usual guys thank you very much for the quick and brilliant responses in my time of need lol ;) (Now to order some coil and wicks)

Regards

Josh

UPDATE: Me again :) , all was going well until last night, i'm not getting a satisfactory throat hit to which i upped the wattage/ voltage then it just tasted burnt and horrible, something i'm doing wrong but i can't put my finger on it... any suggestions guys?

UPDATE: Me again :) , all was going well until last night, i'm not getting a satisfactory throat hit to which i upped the wattage/ voltage then it just tasted burnt and horrible, something i'm doing wrong but i can't put my finger on it... any suggestions guys?

I've basically given up on my Nova it's just sitting on the shelf, I've recoiled it several times now and it creates a really good amount of vapor but I'm constantly getting a burnt taste as well despite continually tipping it and ensuring the wicks are soaked, it's done my head in and I've resorted to using my Igo-l exclusively at present, might give the Evod a try, gutted as I liked the Nova when it was working.

Back
Top Bottom