What's new

Noisy Cricket ii-25 Problem/Disappointment

Dreadwyn

Hey folks,

HELP!!

After seeing much hype about unregulated series when the multifaceted Noisy Cricket ii-25 came along I thought it was time to venture beyond the regulated side of things. From videos I've seen it seems both cloudy and tasty and "hits like a truck" seems to get banded around a lot. It's time I thought...

So my NCii arrived and I got a Neutron along with it as the series setup of the rda seemed like a good idea but thats beside the point. The mod in series, direct fire mode, produces vapour but it's lack lustre in quantity, temperature and just disappointing. From peoples reactions in my investigations it should be hot, immediate ramp up and cloudy and it's none of these things which leads me to believe theres either a problem or I'm doing something wrong.

In an effort to save time the following is true;

-New (bought) VTC4's, fully charged, have also tried alternatives but no difference
-The Neutron was originally in series but I converted it back which made little difference and both times my builds were targeting 0.4ohm
-The bottom board S/P is S side up for serial.
- The Mod is in direct output mode (white light) not regulated (orange)
- I have tried multiple builds starting with round wire (kanth) to fused claptons (Kanth ni80) to twisted to straight up ni80 always targeting 0.4 once hitting 0.38 and still stone cold steve austin.
-I have cleaned all connectors.
- The Mod checks as authentic according to Wismec.

Is this how it's supposed to be? What am I missing? I have rx200 with admittedly a staggerton init but that hits harder and hotter, as do my more straightforward 3core fused claptons on various other regulated mods.

If you can help I would really appreciate it even if it means thoroughly insulting me first.

Thanks

:rudesanta:

That's the insult out of the way..............

This is a bit of a mystery - the only thing I can think of is that, not being a true mech, it must have some sort of safety feature that's kicking in.

In series mode you should be getting nearly 140 watts so you should be complaining about it being too hot.

Have you tried it in parallel? That would give you 30+ watts so you'd be able to make a comparison.

:rudesanta:

That's the insult out of the way..............

This is a bit of a mystery - the only thing I can think of is that, not being a true mech, it must have some sort of safety feature that's kicking in.

In series mode you should be getting nearly 140 watts so you should be complaining about it being too hot.

Have you tried it in parallel? That would give you 30+ watts so you'd be able to make a comparison.

Chrimbo themed insult..... clearly a thinking man!

In my understanding, in 'direct fire mode' none of the safety features it boasts are available. There is a 'constant voltage' mode which is regulated (series) and features safety cut outs but I'm not in it. The "too hot" thing is what every other person had said, I've seen Grimm Green recoil from it's effects but this is truly just a cool vape, not even warm. Just tried it in parallel which, with the same atty and build barely registers anything at all but when switched to a pharaoh with a single staggerton 0.12 does marginally better. My understanding was to get the most out of parallel you'd have to go less than 0.1 however it's that series hit I'm after, at least for now.

Try turning th dial down? I believe that will make it more powerful if your in that mode.

Try turning th dial down? I believe that will make it more powerful if your in that mode.
Sadly that's the 'constant voltage' mode but you're right. In that mode turning the dial to '0', as opposed to '100' increases the power but in both settings in that mode it's weak-sauce. However I'm in the 'direct output' (unregulated mode) although both series modes are piss weak. In short it's not the dial.

But thanks!

I've used my NC II in parallel, very weak. In Series mode via the potentiometer it's been great, 0.25 dual coil build and vaping as low as 2volts (100 on the dial), amazing vape, yes! Unregulated series mode, 0.4ohm, crazy heat, the build was far too low and an uncomfortable vape. For me everything about the NC II is great apart from parallel mode.

I would return it if I were you. If you go fully unregulated go for a much, otherwise the Tesla invader 3 is probably the best semi much with variable voltage.

I have three of these as I love it. Never tried it in series. If I'm running a 0.7ohm in series, on the lowest setting, what watts is it doing as I don't want to burn my face off

I've used my NC II in parallel, very weak. In Series mode via the potentiometer it's been great, 0.25 dual coil build and vaping as low as 2volts (100 on the dial), amazing vape, yes! Unregulated series mode, 0.4ohm, crazy heat, the build was far too low and an uncomfortable vape. For me everything about the NC II is great apart from parallel mode.

And that seems to be the general consensus! Thanks! That, along with others sentiments, confirms what I feared - I guess I must have some dodgy circuitry somewhere which is strange as in my experience a dodgy circuit should either not work at all or work intermittently where as this seems just weak - but alas I'm no expert. Have contacted 'VampireVapes' (cheapest supplier at the time) who for the record responded quickly and provided free postage label to send it back to them for investigation. If it turns into a wrestling match with them I will report back!

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE - VERY MUCH APPRECIATED!

I would return it if I were you. If you go fully unregulated go for a much, otherwise the Tesla invader 3 is probably the best semi much with variable voltage.

I think if things go nuclear with Vampire Vapes I'll cut losses and take a peek at the Invader 3 - Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom