What's new

Noisy cricket build issue

kannon

Achiever
Picked up a noisy cricket today, it's ridiculously powerful! I can't get a build right for it. Every build I try its just too easy to dry hit. I've currently got a 0.5ohm build in there. Dual coil, kanthal 24awg, 3mm 8/9 wraps. I can pull on it for maybe a second and it's fine, any longer and I get a dry hit. Now when I tried it on a mates in the b&m earlier I could pull on that for a good 2-3 seconds no problem. I didn't look at the build but he said he was aiming for around 0.4 and no lower so I'm guessing it was around 0.4. The only thing I can think is to up the ohm's more so the wattage is reduced but can't see why his was fine? Who has a noisy cricket that can give me some input?

Build was in a snapdragon, pics below. Thanks in advance. [emoji106]

ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1453491387.438642.jpg

ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1453491444.744580.jpg

0.5ohm on 2 new batteries is knocking out close to 140 watts. I had a chat with @Huggett about this little atom bomb.. 0.7
ohm in the airiest thing you got... Ive got an Airek on it @ 0.8 ohm and its still a monster but jesus its chucking some..
Build highr buddy and keep it safe.. Ask Ash what hes up to on his now.. His normal 0.1ohm build wasnt quite cutting it..

@lucifairy is this scaring the shit out off you?

There's not much wire in that build. You need some seriously chunky coils so it doesn't get so hot so quickly. I have a pair of 11 wrap claptons in a Double Vision on one, and a large parallel clapton/flatwire totalling 11/12 wraps in an Aeronaut on another. Helps if you make the coil inner diameter as large as possible so that there's plenty of wet cotton packed inside it.

Last edited:
I couldn't get any joy out of 3mm coils, constant dry hits.
I have dual 3,5mm claptons, 11 wraps coming out at .7ohms in a Velocity with all the airholes wide open.
Its mental, I like alot.

I've got dual claptons wrapped around 3mm coming in at 0.44 in a twisted messes, great vape with 2 fresh batteries.

stick a single 2 ish ohm coil in the snapdragon.

Welcome to series mods lol
In all seriousness please anyone got or getting this mod please do some research on series configuration. I've seen so many people getting this mod who find it to powerful which tells me they wasn't to sure about what they was buying plus to make it worse or better it's a hybrid. TBH I wish it was not popular coz some people have bought this as there first mech.
@kannon you've been give some good advice here just make sure you have good batteries and good wicking material, I find the more premium cottons best like VCC or Kendo. Between 0.4 and 0.7 is fine I'd say higher ohms with just kathal and 0.4 with clapton as they take more heat to warm up but you definitely need that airflow that's and top air I wouldn't say is ideal, I have got away with it using the Sapor as I do like the airflow on that dripper

With a series mod you're doubling the voltage, I'd recommend the minimum you build is double your usual build.

If you usually vape at 0.5 ohms aim for 1.0ohm at the lowest, they kick like a mule on coke. Add in the fact its a direct to cell positive hybrid, you'll be getting even more power than usual.

With great power comes great responsibility. You need a damned airy RDA

@city461 still sitting at 0.7 myself bud, far far higher than my usual builds in a standard tube / parallel mod

Back
Top Bottom