What's new

Noisy Cricket 2 problems...

slowbo

Postman
Hello fellow vapers....
I have a Noisy Cricket 2 and am having problems, been working fine for 4 months, today, when I press the fire button in series regulated mode the red light just flashes rapidly 5 times, then goes on to show battery level as normal. The mod won't fire at all.... Was working fine this morning. I've checked for atomizer shorts, I've switched modes and to parallel, I've tried new batteries, nothing works, we have no power!

Any advice you can offer? Great mod, is it broken?

Thanks,

Peter.

@slobo (love your avatar, Bill Hicks [emoji173]), have you tried the atty on another mod/ohms tester or tried another atty? Have you stripped the NC down and cleaned everything, or tried adjusting the 510 pin (if it has one, can't remember!)?

My other suggestion would have been to test the cells, but it looks like you've ruled them out.

@slobo (love your avatar, Bill Hicks [emoji173]), have you tried the atty on another mod/ohms tester or tried another atty? Have you stripped the NC down and cleaned everything, or tried adjusting the 510 pin (if it has one, can't remember!)?

My other suggestion would have been to test the cells, but it looks like you've ruled them out.

Hey! Thanks, yeah, Bill was the man, died so young....

Tried the atty on my resistance meter, reading fine, no shorts. Tried another Atty on it as well, (2 in fact!), Stripped it down, cleaned everything, check what I can check, cleaned the tubes, check the pin springs back. The 510 pin is definitely contacting as the Atty I use, (Tsunami 24) doesn't actually sit flush as the fit is so tight, and of course I've tried 2 other Attys that have worked on this exact cricket before... I'm confused now... Seems to be a problem with the actual unit itself.. I've sent a message to Wismec as well.... Hopefully they can answer the problem.

Got three sets of batteries with fully charged so rules that out as well... I really am out of options!

Slowbo.

Well, looks like you've tried everything doesn't it @slowbo [emoji53]

Hope Wismec get back to you with a fix sooner rather than later.

Again, good choice in avatar!!

Got suspended fae school for quoting a certain sketch...

Erm, does the NC work in parallel mode?
And in what state is the wee chip thingummy on the bottom - the one you flip for parallel or series?

Well, looks like you've tried everything doesn't it @slowbo [emoji53]

Hope Wismec get back to you with a fix sooner rather than later.

I certainly have Cindy! Frustrating....

No reply from Wismec yet, 24 hours have passed... I bit disappointed...

I shall watch my email like a hawk ;-)

I've gone back to the Rouleux for now.... Good to have a back up unit...

Slowbo.

Again, good choice in avatar!!

Got suspended fae school for quoting a certain sketch...

Erm, does the NC work in parallel mode?
And in what state is the wee chip thingummy on the bottom - the one you flip for parallel or series?

Hey Rat, nope, tried that as well, same thing happens....

The chip seems ok, some of the gold covering has come off one of the dots on the board, but I wouldn't have thought this would affect conductivity... And anyway, it doesn't work in Parallel mode either, and that side of the chip has never been used...... So ruled that out!

thanks for the comment though.... Appreciated.

Just waiting on Wismec...

Slowbo.

Did u ever get this sorted out? Did wismec get bk to u? Just wondered after reading and I have the same mod. Mine still going strong but heard a few cases of things happening to these.

Hey Tony...

Yes and no.... Unit never worked again... I eventually spoke to Wismec and they said that the chip had gone... nothing they could/would do to help me out...

Ended up buying another one!

Slow.

Hello fellow vapers....
I have a Noisy Cricket 2 and am having problems, been working fine for 4 months, today, when I press the fire button in series regulated mode the red light just flashes rapidly 5 times, then goes on to show battery level as normal. The mod won't fire at all.... Was working fine this morning. I've checked for atomizer shorts, I've switched modes and to parallel, I've tried new batteries, nothing works, we have no power!

Any advice you can offer? Great mod, is it broken?

Thanks,

Peter.

Hi
Im also having a similar problem.. mine won't fire on series..it fires on parallel very weakly , but it just stopped on series out of the blue..had been working just fine and then it just stopped..
Need help..

Back
Top Bottom