What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Nic strength

Personally im still finding it hard and if im honest im struggling. I mainly vape 2 juices. Swedish fish 18mg and Virginia 24mg but have also bought a 30ml bottle of virginia which is 36mg in strength. If the eu get their way I will end up back on the fags again. Failing that I will stock up on nic and make my own juice

Personally im still finding it hard and if im honest im struggling. I mainly vape 2 juices. Swedish fish 18mg and Virginia 24mg but have also bought a 30ml bottle of virginia which is 36mg in strength. If the eu get their way I will end up back on the fags again. Failing that I will stock up on nic and make my own juice

Stock up :) We have a group buy from NicVape going on right now, ends the 30th of January. A litre of 75 mg nic will make 4 litres of 18 mg nic and since I plan on dropping to half that, I will end up with 8 bottles of 9mg nicotine at the end of it.

8litres... will last me 5 years easy since 5 months to go through a 1/4 of a litre and I still have 200ml un touched!

I started on 8mg thinking that because I smoked lights a low nic would be fine,I was ok at first but kept finding myself getting into moods,which were worst in the mornings:eek: and I really wanted a cig,so I started using 12mg which was better but still felt at times the need for a cig,so I'm now on 18mg and everything is fine :D I don't want to stay at 18 and want to drop back down but think I will take my time doing so.

The long slow approach is definitely better. It helps with stopping you wanting to throttle everyone you meet.
I have no intention of stopping vaping and I've lost my focus on my goal of no nic but I'm quite happy just lowering the nic now and again. See what happens sort of thing.
Now that I've got used to a 6mg throat hit I'm not too happy with stronger juices.

My 60 ml bottle arrived from the States today, so got out my 1.0ml Kanger KR-510 and filled it up, and it was just like someone commented somewhere recently, just like breathing in fresh air, not a hope I could ever get used to that.

Got the eJuice Recipe Calculator and added 104 drops of my 50 mg nic to bump it up to 4 mg. Even at that very low strength there is a massive noticeable difference compared to zero strength. So looks like going to zero is not an option for me

I'm at 10 mg at the mo hoping to cut it down slowly, started on 18 and realised it was too much pretty quick and dropped to where l am now over a couple of months

I'm at 10 mg at the mo hoping to cut it down slowly, started on 18 and realised it was too much pretty quick and dropped to where l am now over a couple of months
What strength are you looking to drop down too? I'm finding 4 mg doable now that I'm used to that level.
I dropped to 4 mg in case it's all we are left with, but would go back up a small bit maybe if common sense prevails.

Hoping for 6 in a couple of months then see how it all pans out, the drop to 4 shouldn't be too difficult from there and if all goes well l could go back up but only to maybe 8

Hoping for 6 in a couple of months then see how it all pans out, the drop to 4 shouldn't be too difficult from there and if all goes well l could go back up but only to maybe 8
The biggest problem for me was finding liquid that suited the level I wanted to vape at, only so many juices available at 4 mg, so now I think I will order zero and add my own nic to reach 4 mg.
Good luck with your 6 mg target ;)

@DarthVaper check out mt baker vapor, they sell all their juices in different nics, that's where I got my 6mg green apple and swedish fish from. :)

I started on 18mg but dropped to 12 within a month, then 9 months later dropped to 6. I reckon it would have been better if I had found a 8 or 10mg juice as a step down but 6 was the best I could find! Had a headache for a few days but that is gone, getting the tiniest of cravings now and then, but the trade off in getting more flavor is worth it :)

Are there any vendors that sell 0-nic juices cheaper then nic juices? Makes sense to me if you cut out the nic(as far as I know, the expensive part of the juice) to make it cheaper, but haven't seen any vendors that do that.

Back
Top Bottom