What's new

Nic salts advice

jock1092

Achiever
So seeing a lot about nic salts recently I decided to try some
Found a link on a thread for the Dr salt-e stuff which arrived and I've tried it

The stuff tastes wrong, maybe it's just me I got the straw high one but it doesn't taste like strawberry liquid
So has anyone else tried this one, or others of the same brand?
I hardly expected something that I'm used to but this a bit worse than I'd vape

I've tried the Dr salt e twisted and straw high and not too keen, found Mr Salt e a LOT better, but I'm pretty picky, lol. Don't think the other nic salts (elements and far?) are available in the UK yet but I reckon I'll be giving them a go when they hit the market.

I've tried the Dr salt e twisted and straw high and not too keen, found Mr Salt e a LOT better, but I'm pretty picky, lol. Don't think the other nic salts (elements and far?) are available in the UK yet but I reckon I'll be giving them a go when they hit the market.
I might just and try them then, the stuff I have is 5mg and was exceptionally smooth in my goon at mid wattage levels but it's just the flavor is so off-putting

Got it yesterday in my post box. It's smooth and no th, but the taste is strange in my opinion. Can't say I like it yet. Tried straw high 5 mg as well.

Tried my mums Dr salt blue ice. It tastes strongly like grape and blueberry, not blue raspberry and I didn't find it particularly menthol. She's ordered a couple Mr salte liquids now but they've not arrived yet.

I have found after some trial and error that I prefer creamy liquids, I don't like anything too tart, so the Mr Salt E vanilla custard quickly became my ADV. Unfortunately it's not out of stock everywhere (emailed safercigs a while back and they were currently waiting for it to go through customs), so I'm using blood orange lemonade and just ordered some grappleberry, hoping that will work out - it's not as good, makes me cough a bit due to the citrus hit, but doable. Also tho I am vaping high nic (20mg) on a basic ego mega twist (VW) with nautilus 2, so using 1.6 coil and around 8 watts, I do get quite a throat hit but it's nice and smooth, and deffo gives me that pretty instant satisfaction. Can't give much info on sub ohm styles as I started vaping about 2 months ago to get off the fags, so still basically replicating the smoking feeling :)

Slightly more detailed opinions on the ones I've tried with that set-up:
Mr Salt E vanilla custard - v flavourful, nice smooth throat hit but still definite hit, nicotine rush really pretty good
Mr Salt E RY4 - V creamy and sweet, flavourful, but unfortunately slightly bitter tobacco aftertaste (my own taste gets in the way here, found out I didn't like tobacco flavours boo)
Mr Salt E Blood orange lemonade - pretty tart and a bit fizzy, takes a while of puffing before the flavour comes through as much as the other 2, but once the coil warms up it's nice.
Dr Salt E twisted and straw high - less flavour than the Mr Salt E and more throat hit, but not in a great way for me, slightly punchy and scratchy. Need to vape for quite a while before the flavour actually comes through, and the nicotine hit doesn't seem as quick. Can't think how to describe the flavours except in food terms (used to be a chef lol) - they seem like they're all 'high notes' with not much undertone to balance them out. I get the punchy fruit flavours through, although they are pretty 'thin' - not rounded out like proper fruit, seem very sharp. Can't really taste either the cream in the straw high or the vanilla ice-cream in the twisted.

Ha, my grappleberry has just arrived while I was typing this, so will give an opinion on that one later too!

Anyway, hope that helps out if people are wanting more info, although I think it's all pretty subjective what we like/what keeps us off the smokes! I know I'm really picky with e-liquid, spent probably about £50+ just going through ones that didn't work for me and getting really frustrated about it. I think partly the salt ones work for me because of the quick uptake, and also the fact that I need high nic but also can taste pg, so otherwise am on high vg 18-20mg liquids, and with that the nicotine tends to overwhelm the flavour a bit.

I've tried to like this stuff but have failed to make it past the first fill on my rda
There's just something off with it
Will have to try some of the Mr salt e instead of the Dr salt

Back
Top Bottom