What's new

Ni80 wire better flavour?

The sweetness thing could have something to do with it @rew as I have switched over the past couple of months to dessert flavours from the tobacco flavours that I had vaped for years.

Well it's good that we don't know everything. Means there are still things to experiment with.

The only wire I’ve used for months for MTL is Stealthvape 30g SS 316L, 7 or 8 wraps 2.5 id around 1.2 ohms spaced to fill the deck, I think the benefits of the finer wire are zero ramp up with a nice warm vape but the atty and tip doesn’t get warm.
Also I’ve used Muji for ages but added some Fiber Freaks 01 density cotton blend pads to a Creme de Vape order and tried it in my KFL 19 and it is vaping beautifully, I’d definitely recommend them.

I gravitated towards NI80 for a long time and used it as my primary wire for DL vaping except for mechs where I would use Kanthal. I don't use mechs as much these days and find myself using NI80 pretty exclusively for DL but use kanthal, NI80 and SS in pretty equal proportion for mtl all depending on what mood I'm in and what I'm building on.

I know some people don't like that taste of Nichrome. Personally, I've always found the taste very clean and crisp. I do vape fruit flavours exclusively tho and always have done so I have no idea if different juice profiles have an effect and cause different results.

Thanks, I suppose you are correct that all wire will have an underlying taste.
Perhaps I just find the ni80 taste less noticeable than kanthal and therefore I am getting more of the flavour of the eliquid coming through.
I have never used SS as it has very low resistance for wattage mode compared to kanthal and for TC I prefer nife30.
I reckon I will be buying a reel of the ni80 and giving it a long term trial.

That’s partly why I like stainless. Just use 30g instead of 27 or whatever. Go up two or three gauges.

The only wire I’ve used for months for MTL is Stealthvape 30g SS 316L, 7 or 8 wraps 2.5 id around 1.2 ohms spaced to fill the deck, I think the benefits of the finer wire are zero ramp up with a nice warm vape but the atty and tip doesn’t get warm.
Also I’ve used Muji for ages but added some Fiber Freaks 01 density cotton blend pads to a Creme de Vape order and tried it in my KFL 19 and it is vaping beautifully, I’d definitely recommend them.
I have been looking into fibre freaks cotton blend. What is the difference between the two densities?

That’s partly why I like stainless. Just use 30g instead of 27 or whatever. Go up two or three gauges.
I can't be doing with very thin wire that buckles when you dry burn and rewick. 27 or 28 awg is what I am happiest with

I have been looking into fibre freaks cotton blend. What is the difference between the two densities?
I'm guessing from this that 01 is mainly for mtl and 02 for dtl
Screenshot_20200129-140501_Chrome.jpeg

I've been vaping for 7 years and have always built my coils with kanthal A1 wire when using wattage mode. When I buy a new atty I usually just bin any included coils but a couple of days ago I rebuilt my True rta with an Ni80 coil that came with my vapefly galaxies rdta and I really believe that I am getting far better flavour from this wire.
Am I deluding myself?
No. Kanthal is for girls. Nichrome is for men. I have not used kanthal for a few years now, cos it is shit.

Back
Top Bottom