What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

New Vaper Advice

Albacale

First time poster!

Looking for some advice please. I have just decided to give a vaping a try to try and cut down on cigarettes to begin with and then eventually quit.

What is the best starter pack to begin with? I am currently smoking between 20-30 rolled cigarettes per day at the moment so I would be looking for something will real nicotine liquid. Ideally tobacco flavoured

I have no ideas on tanks/batteries/coils etc so would appreciate any advice.

Thanks

Hi and welcome to the planet a pod would suit you best using nic salts juice......

Welcome @Albacale.
It's all very subjective and a lot will depend on what you smoke and how much. For ease of use, I think pod systems are best for new vapers, but they're not all the same so I think your best bet is to go to a reputable shop and let them ask you about the details of your smoking so they can advise you. If you can tell us where you are, I'm sure someone will know what the good shops are near you. :)

Welcome @Albacale.
It's all very subjective and a lot will depend on what you smoke and how much. For ease of use, I think pod systems are best for new vapers, but they're not all the same so I think your best bet is to go to a reputable shop and let them ask you about the details of your smoking so they can advise you. If you can tell us where you are, I'm sure someone will know what the good shops are near you. :)

Going to a reputable shop is an EXCELLENT idea
(not so many around say 3 years ago when I was thinking of quitting)
If anything to see and perhaps hold a device that YOU feel you can get on with with 20 questions etc....

I don't know ANYTHING about pods, I quit on pen stick Blu Pro kit - did the job for me
tried other - but the Blu Pro one just worked for me to get off the fags

Probably need about 16mg to get your fix, tbh 88 Vape Maidens Tobacco or Rolling Leaf will do you to try out
Might need more nic but I doubt it as modern kits are much more efficient than the stuff I started with
(by that I mean a bit more vapour & bit more nicotine on each draw than I was pulling when I quit)

The shop can advise you, but go to a couple to get different views perhaps as some may lean to certain brands
The idea is you get an idea of what type of starter kit you might get on with
if you are driving around then you probably don't want a huge box mod & tank with buttons galore trying to get around Hyde Park Corner or three point turns etc.....
Plus you probably want to try quitting without breaking the bank and want something that just works - just works for YOU

There are pods - know FA about them so can't comment
There are the better pen/stick types like Aspire/Innokin T20s/Berserker MTL etc....
There are small/medium mod kits too....

BUT it is likely you want something Mouth To Lung - vape like you smoked (taking it down)
not great plumes of crap but moderate clouds that you take down like a fag with a 16mg nic

But if you just buy something online, on a whim and you can't get on with it, wrong choice, too much agro etc...
then you will be back on the fags in no time and just wasted your money refusing to try vaping again etc....
So go to shop is a great bit of advice to suss out what might work for you as a starter kit or something to try

If you choose wisely, get on with it you are half way there - bad choices will mean you blew say £25 and got the hump
best of luck

PS - welcome to POTV

Hi guys thanks for the advice. I will head to a shop for further advice and yes Fuctifno I would be looking for MTL.

I’m in the Renfrewshire/Greater Glasgow area so if anyone has any knowledge of reputable stores, let me know.

Complete noob here so just looking for a starting point.

Cheers

Aye, find a good vape shop and try all the kit.
Try also as many different flavours too. Mind that you'll no get anything that tastes like a rollie and going by all that has been said on here over the years not going for a tobacco flavour at the start is a good idea - especially when you get a sense of taste back.

Just seen where you are - there will doubtless be a Vaporized near you and Emporium Vapour is worth a look too.

My D22 Zenith arrived to pair with cheapo GS G6 battery....
(1.6 Ohm coil in there working like a charm for me)

Think I'll call it my little sausage - smutty inuendos etc....
but just how I pictured it would look, Innokin this is what you should also offer
(in response to Berserker MTL kit & all that, T20s kit is pretty good (tape one of holes)
but I'm a Zenith fanboy I guess, idiot proof so well suited to moi)

Attachments

• zenith sausage.jpg
    zenith sausage.jpg
    538.1 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom