What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

New vape suggestions!

G-bug

Hi all! Thank you for the help you lot gave me when I last posted - been much help!

I'm a fairly inexperienced vaper on the lookout for a new vape as cartridges from my first device are almost used up. I'd love some recommendations from experienced vapers on what brands and devices they think I should look into, as I still feel overwhelmed going into vape shops unless I know what I want... I don't wanna get sold some crap they need to shift when they realise I'm stupid haha

KEY POINTS:
* I don't care about huge vape clouds, I just like taking the edge off
* Don't want anything too clunky, needs to fit into the silly sized pockets us women get in our clothes but I also prefer the sleeker look of smaller or slimmer devices anyway. I've seen some that look great but I'd rather have a decent product and sacrifice some of the aesthetics!
* Would prefer pre-filled pods as I'm darn lazy, although faffy stuff would probably stop me smoking altogether so it could be a benefit haha
* I've been using MTL although am open to DTL

Hope that's a decent amount of info for some of you to throw some ideas at me to look into and I've not said anything too daft here haha xx

What are you currently using and have you been satisfied with it?
Are you looking for something similar or completely different?

might be challenging to find pre-filled dtl stuff. it sounds you are more into slim pot systems the voopoo find s trio is a nice device with dtl and mtl capabilities.

although faffy stuff would probably stop me smoking altogether so it could be a benefit haha

Well firstly, vaping isn't smoking.

If you're only vaping and not using tobacco, then you're not smoking anyway - they are not the same.

So, as above you're going to need to provide a few more details about what you have and what about it you don't like or would like to improve.

Also, have a think about how much faff you're willing to put up with.

Prefilled pods are the most expensive and wasteful way of vaping, and you'll not find a prefilled DTL system either.

Filling from a bottle isn't complex, but 10ml bottles are also pretty expensive.

Shortfills come next where you add the nicotine juice yourself to a bigger bottle of flavoured liquid. Not usually MTL friendly due to the relatively low nicotine strengths possible.

And the device - prefilled pods (expensive as I say), refillable pods, pods/tanks with replaceable coils - all fairly simple to use in reality, but how far are you willing to go?

My recommendations would be:
Jac Vapour Vim - Takes pre filled pods but will also allow you to fill your own which will save you a fortune. Small, discreet with very long lasting coils and a battery that will last all day. Pro - small good battery, long lasting coils. Cons - not as flavoursome as some others but still good enough.

Artery Pal 2 1 ohm HP coils. Very small indeed and very slim. Great flavour but half the battery life of the Jac Vapour. You'd need to fill this one too. Pros - great flavour, tiny. looks great. Cons - Smallish battery so if your a heavy vaper you may need a couple.

Voopoo s find Trio - small, slim and discreet. Excellent vape for mtl from a non adjustable pod system. Again you'll need to fill this one yourself. Slightly bigger battery than the Pal2 but still smaller than the VIM. I haven't tested it long enough to comment on coil life but so far so good.

I'd recommend the uwell caliburn, I absolutely love mine. Great life span out of the pods, I've ran 30ml juice through one pod. Can be used for mouth to lung vaping & also provides a nice restricted lung hit. Fits in my shirt pocket & has decent battery life.

Back
Top Bottom