What's new

New tank recommendations

ShaunBhoy

Postman
Hi folks. I'm thinking of getting a new tank for my innokin proton. I actually like the scion 2 tank that it came with, but through wear and tear, the slide top isn't as secure as it used to be and it tends to slide open sometimes if in my pocket.

I've seen theres a new version called the innokin plex tank, is it any good? Also been looking at the freemax mesh pro, but not too sure if it would look good on my mod.

Any recommendations welcome.

Cheers

Hi folks. I'm thinking of getting a new tank for my innokin proton. I actually like the scion 2 tank that it came with, but through wear and tear, the slide top isn't as secure as it used to be and it tends to slide open sometimes if in my pocket.

I've seen theres a new version called the innokin plex tank, is it any good? Also been looking at the freemax mesh pro, but not too sure if it would look good on my mod.

Cheers
Hi mate. Have both the Scion 2 and Plex. But not the Freemax Pro. The Plex actually has a better bottom air flow than the Scion. But an annoying fill port too close to the coil top and it often overflows unless you fill it in super slow motion. I dont expect you to do this. The Scion 2 top and 5 ml glass actually fit the Plex bottom giving you the fast fill no mess of the Scion with the better air flow of the Plex. I like the Plex Mesh coils as they can take a hammering with sweet juice, chain vaping and long drags. So I was happy to make a Scion/Plex Frankentank out of the two. Innokin messed up with the Plex tank top by reducing the distance between the fill port and the coil top.
My friend vape cat says you will go for the Freemax.

WWAy.gif

Freemax Pro recommendations incoming in 5, 4, 3, 2...

As I said, never had any problem with the scion 2 tank or the coils, its just the slide top that seems to be worn. Might just get another scion 2 tank as I've looked at the freemax, and as good as it is, I don't think it would look good on the mod.

As I said, never had any problem with the scion 2 tank or the coils, its just the slide top that seems to be worn. Might just get another scion 2 tank as I've looked at the freemax, and as good as it is, I don't think it would look good on the mod.
Yeah, they're good coils for sure. Hard to kill. :thumbup:
The Plex is a beautiful looking tank but that top fill is a pain.
Cheers mate.

Cheers
To offer an alternative, the Horizontech falcon. It is around 65-70w , fantastic flavour and should be dirt cheap now with the falcon king released.

The coils are interchangable so the new coils will fit the old falcon so no need to worry about buying the brand new version.

Plus it will look much better on top of the proton with it being a smaller profile tank compared to the much larger mesh pro.

Freemax pro tastes good, but it's big, ugly and the top fill is crap. The falcon King doesn't taste quite as good, but looks better, smaller and the top fill is much better.

Hi mate. Have both the Scion 2 and Plex. But not the Freemax Pro. The Plex actually has a better bottom air flow than the Scion. But an annoying fill port too close to the coil top and it often overflows unless you fill it in super slow motion. I dont expect you to do this. The Scion 2 top and 5 ml glass actually fit the Plex bottom giving you the fast fill no mess of the Scion with the better air flow of the Plex. I like the Plex Mesh coils as they can take a hammering with sweet juice, chain vaping and long drags. So I was happy to make a Scion/Plex Frankentank out of the two. Innokin messed up with the Plex tank top by reducing the distance between the fill port and the coil top.
My friend vape cat says you will go for the Freemax.

View attachment 188690
Freemax Pro recommendations incoming in 5, 4, 3, 2...

PMSL @Frankentank

@doggystyle @ShaunBhoy
Meet Frankentank. Plex bottom, Scion glass and top section, Plex Tip.
:thumbsup:

franky.jpg
I felt like Tuco out of The Good the Bad and the Ugly when he put the parts of different pistols together to make his perfect one. :13:

Back
Top Bottom