What's new

New pod!!

Squeeb84

Postman
Hello fellow apes and apeses, my missus is after a new pod for Christmas but I'm a little lost when it comes to pods. She uses the aspire spryte at the moment and has 3 of them and really likes them but she's hinting lots towards a new one.
It has to be a decent battery, replaceable coils rather than new pods and nice and simple. Any recommendations would be great thank you.

Another spryte?

I've looked loads for something comparable to a spryte (I have one as one of my general beater type devices) and they're either trying to be something more than they are (all the settings and stuff) or they're all about the clowdz bro and far too airy.

I got my spryte off my wife, she now uses a Nord and an rpm - but they're like double the airflow of the spryte.

The only stuff I've found anything close is pods without replaceable coils.

For me it would be the Artery Pal 2 Pro using their 1 ohm HP coils. The device has variable wattage and works well for me at 10 or 11 watts. Great flavour and a decent MTL draw.

I’ve tried a lot of pod systems and found the Lost Vape Orion plus by far my favourite. Replaceable coils, lovely build quality and the replay function is genuinely a feature worth having.

A bit pricier than most but being such a quality nice looking mod I’m sure it will earn you some kudos with your Mrs.

Lost Vape Lyra is pretty good. And the Smoant Potato has a RBA head available

Could someone explain why a pod over a tank with a mod. I just dont fully understand the benefits of a pod.

Could someone explain why a pod over a tank with a mod. I just dont fully understand the benefits of a pod.

Suppose it just comes down to size and weight. More portable for taking out and about.

The lines between Pods and AIO to mods and tanks are becoming more and more blurred as a lot of pods now are simply a battery/power delivery mod with a plastic tank which you change coils in, only you are stuck with the propriety tank/cartridge but who knows where it's going a 'POD' with a 510 connection?

But there are some great benefits and as @rew said the size, lightweight and portability are just a some of pros, other include:
Ease of use (good for beginners)
Stealth vaping in some MTL options produce very little vapour but plenty of flavour.
Ideal for the car (I always have 1 stashed)
Ideal for Nic Salts in most cases.
Flavour rivals some of the best attys.
Fast charging.
Ideal as a backup.

Perhaps the most difficult benefit to describe is the draw most decent ones give is very satisfying and flavourful, you don't realise until you try it, I remember the wow factor I had back when the Aspire Breeze 2 came out and I was sold, its only got better and better since.

I don't think I would become a 'pod' only vaper but it's very much in my daily use rotation and never leave the house without one (along with a regular mod/tank).

Back on topic the best stock coil pod I have tried to date is the Sense Orbit Baby, the flavour and draw for MTL is sublime! but it's still partial pre-order and not easy to get coils yet.

So I would say either the Vapefly Jester or the Artery Pal 2 (or 2 Pro) and Smoant Pasito is another I rate highly.

Depending what's she's after I can't recommend the Caliburn high enough. Great flavour, doesn't leak, and has incredibly long lasting pods even with heavy usage. Battery is decent and is quick to charge up again. Not much to look at but it's hardy, really portable and can handle high VG liquids.

Pretty reasonable in price too.

Back
Top Bottom