What's new

New LG HG2 totally dead after 2 charges!!?!?

Bad batches can happen, it is surprising if there is one out there at the moment though that has not been noticed.

So they charged fine on the first charge when you received them, but then both died after being used in your mech? It definitely is not autofiring in any way is it, causing the batteries to become over discharged?

@beastobadness , the LG HG2 isn't a protected cell, so it won't be that- none of the batteries we use now for vaping are protected. (EDIT: Or at least, should be using) This is more common with other chemistries.

Bad batches can happen, it is surprising if there is one out there at the moment though that has not been noticed.

So they charged fine on the first charge when you received them, but then both died after being used in your mech? It definitely is not autofiring in any way is it, causing the batteries to become over discharged?

@beastobadness , the LG HG2 isn't a protected cell, so it won't be that- none of the batteries we use now for vaping are protected. (EDIT: Or at least, should be using) This is more common with other chemistries.
Damn you're right...had to go back and check that. I could have sworn I'd read that it was protected. Apologies...misread the info.

Wouldn't care but I own six of these cells FFS[emoji1]

Damn you're right...had to go back and check that. I could have sworn I'd read that it was protected. Apologies...misread the info.

Wouldn't care but I own six of these cells FFS
emoji1.png
No worries mate, protected cells are much more common with ICR cells used in things such as flashlights, and most are for much lower amp loads than for vaping.

They are good batteries, I have a few myself. I have more of the 30Q's over HG2's but they are still very good.

@Lee Murphy , we need to rule out a few things with your mod to ensure it isn't that causing this to happen. The 30Q's are fine in the same mod? Do you have a multi meter to check the voltage of each cell? Something is wrong here and drained the batteries too low, so we need to figure out what.

Find out the voltage of the batteries, as they will need to be tossed if over discharged.

Back
Top Bottom