What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

New coil but still burning my throat

Smok, there's your problem. Their QC on coils is not the greatest success rate. Many posts over last couple of years with only one day use and then burnt out. Which coil is it and where did you buy from as also a lot of fakes out there. Some of the smok pod coils are actually quite good bit the bigger ones for sub tanks are hit and miss.
I've been told smok aren't the best but havant got the money to get a new one

Not up with that device mate. But you mention having another. Does the same tank on the other device, given it can power the tank and coil up the same as it should, still do the same?
Just switched the tanks an still getting the same burn on my throat an lungs but the tank on the stick works well with the other batter pack, could it be the battery???

Not so much the battery, but the wattage it's putting out. I've looked up the v8 stick and it seems it has no wattage adjustment, suggesting you need to stick to the same coil type to control the output. This would point to either the new coil has a lower resistance than the ones you're used to using, or the stick is bust.

Not so much the battery, but the wattage it's putting out. I've looked up the v8 stick and it seems it has no wattage adjustment, suggesting you need to stick to the same coil type to control the output. This would point to either the new coil has a lower resistance than the ones you're used to using, or the stick is bust.
The coil is same as I've used since I bought it, the smok mesh, 40 to 80 strength coil

Without gutting it and applying a volt meter to it to see what it's actually doing, we're in the dark tbh. Maybe @KytanDale could have a look at it but if I was a betting man I'd say it's fucked and time to be replaced with something a bit better.

You mentioned that your device is an unregulated simple Smok stick. It maybe pumping out a bit too much power for your coils to handle.

The only suggestion I can give is to maybe get a new device where you can adjust the power. You can pick up a Rincoe Mechman 80W from ecigone for less than £9 and an 18650 for less than £5.

Without gutting it and applying a volt meter to it to see what it's actually doing, we're in the dark tbh. Maybe @KytanDale could have a look at it but if I was a betting man I'd say it's fucked and time to be replaced with something a bit better.
Any suggestions on what to get for a new device been looking at the geekvapes

Unless you have something specific you're after, I cant fault @MetalVape90 's suggestion, as long as you're not looking for a cloud-busting fog machine as the mechman is a single battery deal and limited in the power it can put out in that regard.

Back
Top Bottom