What's new

New batteries

Bazz_74

Postman
Hi all, been a while since i dropped in, I need to get some new batteries 18650's. I will be ordering from Fogstar (obviously :)), however there some new kids on the block since i last had to order some, so basically Sony, Mollicell or Fogstar's own branded ones?

thanks.

The ones you mentioned and @MrDJ said are all good batteries and yes, use the battery drain calculator so you can determine the capacity battery you need to run your set up.

I only use Mech/FET mods, so p26A's (what happened to the P28's BTW??) or 20S's for me! :)

Thanks for your replies chaps, i've always been a Sony guy so i'll be going with the VTC6's.

I only use Mech/FET mods, so p26A's (what happened to the P28's BTW??) or 20S's for me! :)

they were trying to improve the p28 if I remember rightly, the whole covid situation has slowed the release progress down I would think

Thanks for your replies chaps, i've always been a Sony guy so i'll be going with the VTC6's.
Might be worth remembering that they are no longer made by Sony. You can no longer even be sure if the source of these, so called, Sony, items. They were cracking batteries, in the past. But even Mooch has these dropping down his to buy list.

Might be worth remembering that they are no longer made by Sony. You can no longer even be sure if the source of these, so called, Sony, items. They were cracking batteries, in the past. But even Mooch has these dropping down his to buy list.

They are now made by Murata if I'm correct? As they bought most of Sony's battery manufacturing arm.

I believe Mooch still rates Sony/Mutata or at least the VTC5as. I think new batterys coming out have pushed them down the lists rather than their quality falling. But I stand to be corrected of course

They are now made by Murata if I'm correct? As they bought most of Sony's battery manufacturing arm.

I believe Mooch still rates Sony/Mutata or at least the VTC5as. I think new batterys coming out have pushed them down the lists rather than their quality falling. But I stand to be corrected of course
His problem is we no longer know when and where these batteries are made. He's clear about that in several vids and on the web site.
I'm sure you are right, and they are fine. But is is worth noting that Sony VTC batteries are not Sony any more.

Back
Top Bottom