What's new

Need help buying RBA/RTA Noob Alert?

@Mitz Your a star, great comments, especially for a noob to RTA's like me.
If you had the choice of the 2 you mentioned, which would you buy, I am leaning towards the Wotofo Bravo, seems to get stellar reviews and good for beginners.
Some have mentioned the Blitzen can be a bit of a pain to wick, but unsure how true that is, have not done extensive research, have read about 5 reviews on each.

Once I am set up and comfortable with building, what RTA would you recommend (Out of everything) I can buy another tank once I am all set up - Again no drippers, I need to fill tanks.

I think if I get lazy or go on holiday I may buy a 10 pack from a seller who makes top quality coils.

Is it true that coils can last over 6 months if cleaned properly? If so why not just buy some top quality pre-builds and just vape on one coil for months? Obviously just need to change the cotton

Thanks Mitz
OK, so it's a difficult one because different people find different things tricky. Some find wicking the Blitzen tricky and others find using the clamps tricky with the Bravo. Although I do like the Bravo I'm not a huge fan of clamps or posts where the coils have to share lead holes. At times it can be a PITA to get them firing evenly. The Goon is a perfect example. Love the RDA, hate the clamps. But once you know how to do it it's just practice and patience. Same as wicking. I don't think either the Bravo or the Blitzen are particularly hard to build and I like them both. Personally, I think the Blitzen in shorty mode looks damn sexy. I think either of the two would be a good choice so it really depends on what takes your fancy.

I posted a tongue in cheek wicking tutorial for the Blitzen a little while ago. It can be found here......

https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/...ion/threads/geekvape-blitzen-dry-hits.155418/

Yes, it's true that you can use quality coils for long periods of time. But there are factors that determine how long. The biggest factor is how often you rewick and dry burn your coils and how hard you dry burn them. Oxidation and metal fatigue are the concerns. I saw a study some time ago that showed a used coil under microscope. Although it looked perfectly fine to the naked eye it was in fact severely degraded when seen under magnification. The sweeter your juice the more often you will rewick and dry burn your coils. The more you do that the quicker the coils will degrade. If you use a juice that isn't a coil killer and you are using high quality coils and you look after them and keep dry burning to a minimum and keep it gentle then yes it's certainly possible to get months out of them. Personally, I wouldnt go as far as 6 but people certainly do. For me, I think a couple of months is great value for a pair of quality hand made coils.

As for what rta should you buy once you can build consitantly well... The Advken Manta rta. It's the best budget rta on the market IMHO.

Last edited:
Thanks again @Mitz

I was looking at the posts on the Wotofo, how the hell are you supposed to get both coils evenly on that post at the same time, seems odd they would do this.

Will check out that link, even if I dont get the Blitzen, it will help to show me how to wick in general

Use a Coily to cut leg lengths the same, makes fitting coils easier as you don't need to trim once screwed down. Probably the best £8 I spent on extras :D

Hey @nwhornet
The man, myth legend. the guy I have to thank for me getting started.

Sound like a plan, 8.00 well spent it seems.
Don't go blaming me when it goes tits up :D.
The Coily is very handy to get leg lengths correct. On their website there's a database of RTA/RDAs & leg lengths submitted by users so a quick reference point if not sure with new atties.
They're £6 now as injection moulded. Used to be 3D printed so more expensive.

I love my coily, great for the Goon 1.5 and those postless decks.
IMG_20180416_121758.jpg

I have this funny feeling that this is going to be a very steep learning curve.

I cant see it being as simple as wrapping a coil and sticking cotton through it.

Please tell me Im wrong lol

Lots of posts about wicking issues, or flavour issues if they dont put the coils high enough or too low ect.

I have this funny feeling that this is going to be a very steep learning curve.

I cant see it being as simple as wrapping a coil and sticking cotton through it.

Please tell me Im wrong lol

Lots of posts about wicking issues, or flavour issues if they dont put the coils high enough or too low ect.

probably not that steep a learning curve certainly less than you think. just watch tutorials on how to build your specific RTA. wicking can be quite demanding or pretty easy to get down, it really depends on the RTA. the good thing is it's very cheap to make mistakes and you have a treasure trove of info and advice on the internet. The first time you build it will be the hardest and then it just becomes easier and easier.

Cool, I am aiming to get it down pack within 10 tries.
My Local is showing me how to do it, so will watch then I will try by myself, have a chat, vape and build.

Just want to buy my RTA from him, he likes to get the best stuff, but as he is a small shop he has not got thousands to chose from, but that Wotofo Bravo is probably looking the best.

Cool, I am aiming to get it down pack within 10 tries.
My Local is showing me how to do it, so will watch then I will try by myself, have a chat, vape and build.

Just want to buy my RTA from him, he likes to get the best stuff, but as he is a small shop he has not got thousands to chose from, but that Wotofo Bravo is probably looking the best.
Good on you supporting your local businesses [emoji4] and its a great thing him taking the time to show you like that but I honestly think you will learn more at home with a YouTube vid, so my advice would be try in the shop then go home watch a build vid on YouTube then build pausing the vid every step until your where the vid is then when you finished take it all apart and start again [emoji4] do this a few times and you will master the rta where you can build it in minutes and perfect

Back
Top Bottom