What's new

Need help buying RBA/RTA Noob Alert?

canada16

Postman
Unsure on what I need, I do want a tank that I can just fill, I do not want a dripper.

My local is going to help me build coils, and in turn I will be buying my kit from them.

I just don't know what's good or what I need as its my first time.

Can someone have a look and let me know which one you would buy.

I am not buying a mod, will just be using my dual wismec.

I just want to build a coil and be able to fill it as I do a bit of driving, but again will not be buying a new MOD.

Thanks all

https://beaumvape.co.uk/

Will be buying from above as they are helping me.

Sorry meant to add I have a freemax mesh pro now, love the air flow, so something along those lines that I can rebuild. Too bad Freemax do not do rebuildables for this tank

honestly I don't know why you'd limit yourself to somewhere with 10 RTAs but I'll narrow it down for you a bit.
take all the MTLs out. As well as the Serpent and Intake as they're definitely less airflow. You're left with :
Zeus X, Bravo,Blitzen, Triple 28, Moonshot.
First time builder take the Triple,moonshot and Bravo out. (yes they'll help you but they won't always be there to do it for you)
So really Zeus X or Blitzen. Zeus X is top airflow so very leak resistant and Blitzen is bottom airflow so could leak if built wrong but generally speaking bottom airflow is better flavour.

They don't have it but the Coilart Mage 2019 is extremely similar to the Freemax Mesh Pro but an RTA.

I'd get either the Wotofo Bravo or Geekvape Blitzen. Both very good rtas.

The Zeus X is shite and the Triple 28 is too big at 28mm and it takes 3 coils. Definitely not for the inexperienced.

Last edited:
@canada16
I’ll send you a wotofo bravo if you cover p&p
I’ve one in the house I never use. It’s black with red tip. It may require new glass can’t remember but I’ll try check tonight between taxi dad duties

Cheers

Thanks guys for all your help.
The reason I am buying from them is they are taking time out of their busy day to walk me through coil building.
They are not the biggest vape shop in the world, but they do offer amazing service and always have some of the best Juice, also its right across the street from my work Ha

Once I get the hang of building I can buy new tanks, its just to start me off.

Thanks for the offer @sxh77 Really appreciate it, but would rather buy a new one and get taught how to build coils. Very nice offer though thanks again

Cant wait to get started. I have had enough of spending £10.00 - £13.00 for 3 coils that only last a week or so.

Last question.
I know its stupid cheap to make your own coils, but seen on amazon prime that you can buy 80pcs pre-made coils for £5.00, if the coils last a really long time, then would 80pcs not last me a year or more? Seems easier than making my own.

Amazon product ASIN B07P25GGPB

Last question.
I know its stupid cheap to make your own coils, but seen on amazon prime that you can buy 80pcs pre-made coils for £5.00, if the coils last a really long time, then would 80pcs not last me a year or more? Seems easier than making my own.

It will depend on your vaping style and liquid used. I usually buy those kits and they last me quite a while. When the cotton darkens and the coil gunks up you can remove the cotton dry bun the coil to harden and crack the gunk and brush it to clean it, them put new cotton. This can be done a number of times but there is a limit especially with more complex coils as gunk will remain in the wraps. I rarely clean a coil and replace the cotton. Usually replace the coil also as they are cheap.

Last question.

TBH kits like this are great to lean to fit and wick with.
The ribbon and tiger are likely to spit a bit but the rest will be fine and for a fiver whats not to like :2thumbsup:

I think they're good value and good for someone starting out. you either
1)buy coils which tend to be a)those packs, very economical but not amazing coils 5 to 10p per coil and some coils you won't even like, b)more commercial runs like geekvape, better quality and more specifically what you like around 75p per coil c) handmade coils which will be amazing quality but probably talking £3+ per coil easily.
2)buy quality wires already twisted I think 5m aliens runs me around £6, use around 10cm per coil so 50 coils,10p per coil.
3)buy wires and twist them yourself, I'm sure this will be even cheaper but it's around the extreme end of building unless it's a simple round coil.

the benefit of buying one of those cheap packs is you can get a good idea of the sort of coils you like and the sort of coils which work best in your device so go for it but personally I buy already twisted wires and then just make a coil from them. allows me to mess with different diameters and wraps at a very low price, as well as make quality coils that last if the wires good.

Back
Top Bottom