What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

My kayfun lite adventures

Purplefowler

Administrator
Staff member
This is a cautionary tale for other sleep deprived rebuilders that really should know better!
i was having a lovely morning vaping tjuice red Astaire on my new roller and kayfun lite. It was heaven, loads of flavour, clouds of vapour and all washed down with a lovely cuppa. Nothing could go wrong, could it? Then I noticed a paper thin gap between roller and kayfun, nothing major but I thought it could be improved so I took the kayfun off and had a look at the adjustable post screw. I tried to tighten it but it was fully in so I loosened it and retightened and stuck it back on. Had a vape, all good, had another and ouch shit that was really hot from the bottom of the roller! Like burning hot! So I quickly took the battery out and it was fine, slightly warm but nothing that out of the ordinary. Took another very ginger vape.....ouch fuck that really doesn't feel right! Wtf! So I stuck the kayfun on my provari to check the ohms which were 1.6 earlier....wouldn't read (e4 and e1 errors). Seriously confused now. Ok don't panic just stick on a new coil....3/4 wraps....too low.....5/7 wraps......still too low.......9/10 wraps......still nothing! Now this is really worrying, I've broken my new toys already :( so I got a huge length of wire and attatched it too the post, this must give a reading of about a million ohms and...............nothing still!
So I scratched my head, looked around and couldn't find anything anywhere on line. Ok deep breathe and full strip down-whoah there we go! What had happened was that when I loosened the post it had moved the insulation under the terminal. So I unscrewed it, lined the insulation back up and tightened, recaoilled 3/4 wraps and 1.6ohms.....thank fuck for that.
all good now so I shoved it back together again, breathing sighs of relief, took out the filler screw, squeezed the juice in and the whole lot came flying out of the drip tip and the air hole. Seriously what now!!!! So I went and had a cuppa and a sandwich to calm down, got ready to strip the bugger down again and the realised that I'd put it back in the wrong order and the chimney wasn't screwed in properly-doh! One last strip down, filled it up with water (no leaks-woohoo!), emptied, recoiled, refilled and.....relax! I'm now back to vaping heaven but man, I really didn't need that! On the plus side though, at least I know every bit of my new toys now, lol!

I know it's a bit late to be telling you now, but that screw in the bottom is purely to hold the terminals and insulator in place, it doesn't adjust anything. I think Todd said something about it in one of his videos (probably the one about the Kayfun Lite :D ). It does go lovely on top of a Roller though doesn't it? That's my all day, at home combo. Well, that and my Pelle with an AGT on top.

One thing with rollers/dingos, beneath the connector screw, there is an o ring, which you can remove, it will help some devices sit more flush.

It's close enough, it was just me being picky and wanted to fiddle with my new toys! I've a feeling my LV isn't going to get much love for a while, especially as I couldn't get the thing to wick right yesterday (entirely my fault cos of having to rebuild a wick the day before but gutting all the same). It does look the business and I almost wish I'd gone for the brushed now instead of shiny to match the lv.

Whilst I understand aesthetics, a small gap is neither here nor there to me personally. Which is just as well with a Sig #20 ;)

Here's a little tip for the kayfun lite I've not seen posted anywhere that I discovered myself.
if you draw on the kayfun abit too hard you disrupt the atmospheric pressure causing it to leak out of the air duct and it will then start to whistle every time you take a puff, all you do is roll up a very thin long piece of stainless steel mesh and push it deep into the air duct and let it sit for a while and the mesh will soak up the juice inside the air hole

I had a dingo, and as implied previously, I just took out the o-ring beneath the connection screw when I got it, so by the time I got a kayfun, there wasn't a gap anyway.

Back
Top Bottom