What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

muji vs labo

• Thread starter Deleted member 58360
  • Start date
The difference is subtle, between different muji and also compared to labo.

Without side by side I'm not sure how much difference I'd really notice. Maybe a little.

What surprised me most was the difference between these pads and "proper" vape cotton.

When I'd seen people talking about muji/labo I'd always assumed it was either totally a price thing, or that they'd been using it since before the rest came out and just continued with what they knew. I mean, surely stuff selected for vape use must be better?

It wasn't until I was in the vape shop and the guy said "here, give this sample pack a shot" when we were chatting about it that I really considered using it. Two wicks later and I binned the last bit of cotton gods I had left...

I'm not necessarily saying there's anything wrong with vape specific stuff, it obviously works for many people, but it's just wrong for me.

The difference is subtle, between different muji and also compared to labo.

Without side by side I'm not sure how much difference I'd really notice. Maybe a little.

What surprised me most was the difference between these pads and "proper" vape cotton.

When I'd seen people talking about muji/labo I'd always assumed it was either totally a price thing, or that they'd been using it since before the rest came out and just continued with what they knew. I mean, surely stuff selected for vape use must be better?

It wasn't until I was in the vape shop and the guy said "here, give this sample pack a shot" when we were chatting about it that I really considered using it. Two wicks later and I binned the last bit of cotton gods I had left...

I'm not necessarily saying there's anything wrong with vape specific stuff, it obviously works for many people, but it's just wrong for me.
I think it's an MTL thing, I suspect people using higher VG juices at higher temps, and with more and bigger coils, will have a different experience?

I think it's an MTL thing, I suspect people using higher VG juices at higher temps, and with more and bigger coils, will have a different experience?
Sub ohm mesh DTL TC with 80/20 vg/pg and I’m sticking with Labo from now on out :)

think I’m going to buy 100 packs of labbo puff , stick a Dovpo sticker on it and call it Dopuff. Then do the mo money dance

You'll have to repackage it into packs of 12, then charge £6.99 a pack.

I've only used Cotton Bacon Prime (and occasionally a similar equivalent) and must admit if you just wick and vape the first 10 hits taste like old socks - after this I don't notice it, when I used stock coils some could also taste a bit rank until I'd vaped a ml or two. However, I vape fairly concentrated and sweet flavours so maybe there is a lingering taste with some cottons that I don't notice.

When I re=wick I juice the cotton, fire the mod - and repeat about 6 times, this seems to break in the cotton and get rid of the initial unpleasantness. With stock coils I'd inhale and immediately blow the vape back through the tank several times so I didn't have to taste it which also seemed to get rid of the worst of the initial cottony unpleasantness.

I suspect that if I vaped more delicate or subtle flavours then I'd be a little more sensitive, but with my current vaping habits I'll stick with Cotton Bacon.

But then again, when I run out of specifically designed cotton strips to build my Nest RDA - I used a thin pad of cotton bacon that I stretched by hand and bound it with a strip of old T-shirt. I thought it was great and vaped on it for over a week, so maybe my opinion is suspect.

Back
Top Bottom