What's new

muji vs labo

• Thread starter Deleted member 58360
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 58360

Couldn't find much relevant, so new thread time!

After going through a few different brands of "vape specific" cotton wicking material, my local gave me a sample pack of coil master muji pads. Turns out I like them...

Looking for more, I see that none of the muji branded stuff is claiming to be organic.

Labo pads on the other hand do claim to be certified organic. Both options are otherwise unbleached natural cotton.

I think I'd prefer to at least think that my wick hasn't been subject to pesticides and other chemical treatments, so I'm leaning toward labo.

Actual question - is there much or any difference between these two in terms of wicking / other vape performance?

There's not a massive amount of difference in use to me. It is slightly different but I don't think there much in it, both work.

I've not used either for a long time though, but I would use whatever is cheapest/easiest for you to get.

We have had long debates about the organic vs non-organic thing on here before but I'm none the wiser, it's all cleaned and processed anyway, so I doubt the finished product is any different. ... and I don't think any actual 'vape cotton' is organic either (and often just repackaged medical cotton or something) so maybe it doesn't matter?

i prefer labo but it’s maybe just a case of it being what i’m used to. it’s a bit fluffier with a looser structure. muji seems more compressed. but they work equally well once you are set up imo.

I use Labo all the time. Works for me MTL. A bag of it has lasted me over 4 years so far.

Cheers chaps.

Probably give labo a shot - I'm not exactly a tree hugger but any reduction of chemical contamination has to be good in some way, as long as they're being honest...

I was happy with stuff like gods and bacon until I went unflavoured, then the first couple of tanks were like vaping my pants until the wick broke in...

I don't seem to get that cloying mouthful of fabric feel from muji, hoping labo is the same.

It's mainly MTL use, but I do indulge in a bit of DTL sometimes so it'll have to keep up with that too - but that shouldn't really be an issue.

I admit that I became intrigued about Labo after the last discussions about it AND the fact it was highly recommended by various trusted Apes.
The last couple of packs of Muji that I had were different to what I had always been used too. It seemed far more compressed and I have become used to preparing it differently than in days of yore.
Labo however, seemed more malleable and exactly how Muji used to be.
Short answer is that Labo wins for me if I don't want to jump through extra hoops at preparation time.

Labo puff all day long especially if you like sweet juice and wick every 3-4days using bacon etc can become a costly business

I always found labo wicks a lot better and doesn’t have that long bed in time

Used Labo for years, then got into mesh rtas' and wasn't always happy with the resultant wick. Tried muji, it's better in the Unity's and Siegfried. Due to a bad cotton harvest my last 2 packs of Labo were very thin, so much so, that peeling off the outside layers doesn't leave enough cotton for wicking certain mesh tanks. Muji by comparison are thick pads, Labo generally has better flavour and a shorter break in period.

pads.jpg

Back
Top Bottom