What's new

MTL for better throat hit?

qbass00

Postman
Hi people, first post here, looking for some recommendations. I'm using an Aspire Nautilus X with a 1.8ohm coil, and it's great for flavour but my old Aspire K3 is capable of a much better throat hit. Are there any MTL tanks out there that would improve on this?

The Nautilus X is attached to an Innokin Kroma and I'm using it at around 15W. If I increase the wattage, I just get more heat and vapour but no improvement on the throat hit. I use 60/40 as well as 70/30 liquids.

Not sure exactly, however I got a Naut X and ditched it because the throat hit/overall experience didn't compare to my toptank mini for mtl. The youde mesmer is quite highly rated also. The problem with the Naut is its top airflow I think.

Thanks for the replies. Upping the nicotine is not an option unfortunately, I reduced it to 6 a while ago because 12 was giving me headaches, so I'd like to keep it at 6 or even less if possible.

Not sure exactly, however I got a Naut X and ditched it because the throat hit/overall experience didn't compare to my toptank mini for mtl. The youde mesmer is quite highly rated also. The problem with the Naut is its top airflow I think.

Thanks for these suggestions, will check them out.

Thanks for the replies. Upping the nicotine is not an option unfortunately, I reduced it to 6 a while ago because 12 was giving me headaches, so I'd like to keep it at 6 or even less if possible..
Have you tried a lower res coil and more Watts? I use 0.7 in my Nauti and I believe 1.6 are also available.

Have you tried a lower res coil and more Watts? I use 0.7 in my Nauti and I believe 1.6 are also available.

Do you mean the Nautilus 2? As far as I know the only coils available for the Nautilus X are 1.5 and 1.8, but I could be wrong. The 1.5 was pretty bad, not much flavour and zero throat hit, the 1.8 is ok but not amazing. Someone else has recommended the Nautilus 2 and said it was better than the X, and that one does come with 0.7 as well as 1.8, so perhaps I'll give that tank a shot, a lot of people seem to like it for MTL.

Do you mean the Nautilus 2? As far as I know the only coils available for the Nautilus X are 1.5 and 1.8, but I could be wrong. The 1.5 was pretty bad, not much flavour and zero throat hit, the 1.8 is ok but not amazing. Someone else has recommended the Nautilus 2 and said it was better than the X, and that one does come with 0.7 as well as 1.8, so perhaps I'll give that tank a shot, a lot of people seem to like it for MTL.
The 1.5 was made specifically for the X but I'm pretty sure that any coil that fits the other versions of Nautilus will also work on the X.

Personally I much prefer the N2 to the NX. It's a cooler design by far and on the NX I could taste the plastic. Also, with the 0.7 you can DTL it if you put a straight drip tip on it instead of the restrictive hourglass-shaped one that comes with it.

Last edited:
If you can't increase nic then coil position affects throat hit (presuming using own coils)

Back
Top Bottom