What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

MODDER needed to repair solder/contacts/something

low battery is down to the negative side of the mod it is most likely the 510 itself it depends a lot of commercial mods skimp on the cable size if the negative side or the battery cap is not a good connection or the cable is on the limit over time you will get no Atty, low or weak battery or jumping ohms. vicious ant 9-10 don't repair they replace I'm led to believe the mod itself is not an easy mod to sort.

low battery is down to the negative side of the mod it is most likely the 510 itself it depends a lot of commercial mods skimp on the cable size if the negative side or the battery cap is not a good connection or the cable is on the limit over time you will get no Atty, low or weak battery or jumping ohms. vicious ant 9-10 don't repair they replace I'm led to believe the mod itself is not an easy mod to sort.
So is it even worth paying someone to try & rewire it?. Or am I best putting it on ebay as a repair/parts, cut my loses & get what I can for it. Its just an expensive paperweight at the minute.

the duke uses a quarter-turn battery cap how old is the mod is it not in warranty

the duke uses a quarter-turn battery cap how old is the mod is it not in warranty
No, its not under warranty anymore. I mean its no hardship, I have several other mods, just seems a waste. That's why I was looking to get it repaired.

you could try to get the cables replaced from 18g/20g to 16g but I would not attempt it as they have got to fit and not knowing why the mod failed in the first place is a problem, you need to know why it started before you can fix it

No, its not under warranty anymore. I mean its no hardship, I have several other mods, just seems a waste. That's why I was looking to get it repaired.
howdo martin ye they can be a git these mods its down to that dodgy battery cap and possible negative and or positive wiring , i can confirm on checking my notes that i repaired the mod with a new board which at that time of testing was definately the issue once the board was replaced i vaped it for several hours after the repair at various wattages and with diff tanks to see if the fault could be replicated the mod was repaired around the 13th/12/20 and arrived with u on the 15th 12/20 , i didnt realise it was u on the fb convo we had yesterday sorry bought that like i said on fb fire it over and i will take a look for u no problem what so ever , should have dropped me a tinkle if u had any issues bud am always a messege or an email away

howdo martin ye they can be a git these mods its down to that dodgy battery cap and possible negative and or positive wiring , i can confirm on checking my notes that i repaired the mod with a new board which at that time of testing was definately the issue once the board was replaced i vaped it for several hours after the repair at various wattages and with diff tanks to see if the fault could be replicated the mod was repaired around the 13th/12/20 and arrived with u on the 15th 12/20 , i didnt realise it was u on the fb convo we had yesterday sorry bought that like i said on fb fire it over and i will take a look for u no problem what so ever , should have dropped me a tinkle if u had any issues bud am always a messege or an email away
I didn't realize it was you either LoL. No worries mate, you did a great job fixing my Primo 21 when I had a brain fart & put the battery in the wrong way. So I wasn't that bothered. When it started again, there was the pandemic & work was hectic, so I just left it. Its only now its quietened down that I thought id get it sorted.

I didn't realize it was you either LoL. No worries mate, you did a great job fixing my Primo 21 when I had a brain fart & put the battery in the wrong way. So I wasn't that bothered. When it started again, there was the pandemic & work was hectic, so I just left it. Its only now its quietened down that I thought id get it sorted.
send ti over bud will get it sorted lol ye cause before u emailed me didnt ya lol

Back
Top Bottom