What's new

Mod warranty etc

Badayuni

Postman
Hi all

Just purchase some new stuff from a company called uk vaoe kings. Never heard of them but they had some cheap mods so I thought why not

Anyway the invoice states all items come with a one month guarantee and as per the manufacturers guidelines all mods have a life expectancy of 3 to 6 months

I know clearly they will last longer then 6 months. But surely the manufacturers making with a view to last longer then 6 months?

Any thoughts on this

will depend on mods, usage and customer care. i have 2 mods that have tons of usage and a few good years and run like new, but, I take care of my stuff. it seems to be a trend with new mods lasting little as I keep seeing people complaining. it seems strange to me as it should not be the case. a mod that is dropped, has liquid leaked in, pushed constantly on max power ... it will fail much faster ...

Hi all

Just purchase some new stuff from a company called uk vaoe kings. Never heard of them but they had some cheap mods so I thought why not

Anyway the invoice states all items come with a one month guarantee and as per the manufacturers guidelines all mods have a life expectancy of 3 to 6 months

I know clearly they will last longer then 6 months. But surely the manufacturers making with a view to last longer then 6 months?

Any thoughts on this

A UK vendor is subject to the 2015 Consumer Rights act, so that one month vendor guarantee is nonsense.

If it fails within 30 days, you have a right, under UK law, to completely reject it and claim a full refund from the vendor.

If it fails within 6 months the vendor must either prove the fault was not present when the item was sold (i.e. in this case somehow prove the internal soldering was good enough to last six months, prove the circuitry was well made etc, which is almost impossible to prove without costly independent testing), so in practice you are entitled to a repair or replacement (whichever is cheaper for the vendor) or a refund.

After 6 months, the onus is on you to prove a fault was present when sold (dodgy soldering etc) and your claim is against the manufacturer. This could be costly for you to get tested.

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/what-do-i-do-if-i-have-a-faulty-product

https://www.gov.uk/accepting-returns-and-giving-refunds

Last edited:
^^ This ^^

The CRA is between you and the vendor, not the manufacturer, so don't get fobbed off.

I thought as much. The attached is what is on the bottom of the invoice. Should the store be saying this?
Screenshot_20191015-193357_Drive.jpg

Any thoughts on this

I don't believe the lesser quality stuff from China is made to last longer than 6 months, a lot of it is just made to be as inexpensive as possible, it's why they bring new stuff out every month. I've taken stuff out of the box before and thought "This isn't going to last long" and often it doesn't.

I don't believe the lesser quality stuff from China is made to last longer than 6 months, a lot of it is just made to be as inexpensive as possible, it's why they bring new stuff out every month. I've taken stuff out of the box before and thought "This isn't going to last long" and often it doesn't.

I agree I've only been vaping 7 months and I've got a ton of mods all chinese manufactured mainly vaporesso

I want to start using uk manufactured products

Does anyone know any uk manufacturers of good variable wattage boxes

I agree I've only been vaping 7 months and I've got a ton of mods all chinese manufactured mainly vaporesso

I want to start using uk manufactured products

Does anyone know any uk manufacturers of good variable wattage boxes

Vaporesso is nowhere near the bottom for quality either.... nowhere near.

Back
Top Bottom