What's new

Mixing juice

Mbsun

Postman
bit of a 2 part this

Basically I have a few 200ml bottles of juice that I don't rate, so rather than chucking them or giving away (or worse- persisting) iwas wondering if i could boost the flavour with some concentrate
They are fruit flavours just not very fruity! So my thought was to mix in some flavours I like (probably blue raspberry tbh)

Can I do this (i don't see why not tbh) , but i know not a lot

Then igot to thinking about mixing my own in general, it seems to me having had a very brief read on the recipe section, and a quick look at prices on just one site in truth, that some thing in the 4-6 parts of a vg/pg to a single flavour seems about par, and that the cost to do say 300 ml should be 10-15 quid

Do many people do it?
Is it all consuming for many of them? (Ie do they end up investing many 100s into a cupboard full of bottles and equipment)

I do not go for the fancy flavours, that read like a hestor Blumenthal menu, more simple fruit flavours, so do not think i would need a cupboard full of bottles if I ventured into this.

Any thoughts?
Thanks

With your idea of adding flavours you like to juices you don't like -

I have done this in the past, sometimes it works but just as often you end up with a larger amount of juice you don't like.

Sometimes I've mixed two bottles of juice that didn't do it for me - 1 that tasted like perfume and an Apple flavour that was like battery acid, the result was vapeable, and I did use it, but it wasn't great.

The only useful advice I have is if you try it - mix SMALL quantities together (as sometimes the end result is even worse) and leave it to steep blend for a few days before use.

When it comes to mixing my own juice I've had no success, others here will have waaay more knowledge

Last edited:
Experiment with small batches and make note of the quantities you have mixed

You never know you get might something fantastic

Buy a bunch of flavors, some go together better than other. Pretty much the same as u would expect food to.

Usually if i want to change a taste i will just put a few drops in the tank with the juice to see how the tastes go together.

Flavors r cheap, vg and pg is cheaper, but dont be a cheapskate with it, use the best stuff u can find, from the vape shop will be the most expensive, but will also be the safest.

-deleted- i know longer talk about appropriate nic levels, jokingly or otherwise

Last edited:
The cheapest and easiest way to start mixing is to use One Shot concentrates. These are flavours that have already been created but available as a single concentrate. You won't be able to make the same amount for the same cost as making something from scratch but in the longer term, its easier and cheaper.

Once you get the hang of mixing VG, PG, Flavouring and Nic, using calculators to get you to the right levels, finding what way works best for you (drops, ml or weight) then start looking on here and places like ELR for recipes you think will work for you. You'll find your flavouring collection very quickly grows!

As for the liquids you don't like, I've always found it easier and more cost effective to just bin them. You've no clue what flavourings they've used, the quality of the VG/PG or nicotine, you could waste loads of flavourings for absolutely nothing as it's not even the flavouring that is the issue.

Need any pointers or anything, just ask away.

My chemistry isn't too bad, i have some experience of devising recipes for other hobbies (all legal lol), so weights and % etc are no problem
I also have a reasonable understanding of various grades of purity, however when it comes to which is a good brand of vg/pg mix and which is a bad one, i really would have to ask for the help of experienced members on here

Rather than vg/pg mix its much better to buy vg and pg seperate. So if recipes use more or less flavour you can get the end vg/pg the same

Rather than vg/pg mix its much better to buy vg and pg seperate. So if recipes use more or less flavour you can get the end vg/pg the same

If I get into this, I will, for the first purchase likely just a mix and a couple of concentrates to try out.

Back
Top Bottom