What's new

Mech mods - what's the advantage?

man_d

Goth of the Vapes
Right, so I got my Magneto today and I'm bloody loving it so far, but my question is what's the advantages of a mech mod over a vv/vw device? Why do some people prefer them?

This question is partly inspired by KMS saying she's moving more into the mechanical side of things, and it's made me wonder. I admit this Magneto has taken me a bit by surprise. Am I just excited by a new toy? Because it seems to give me a noticeably better vape than the vamo.

Am I imagining it?

I have gone onto mech mods because most of them can accept lower ohm coils and since I vape 1.8 or lower, I dont get errored out like I do with my VV or VW's

They look nice with certain top bits like my sig 20 looks bril with my igo f, IGo L X6

and its SMALL!

AndyC also sent me another telescopic mod, but it only works with an adapter, but its still one of my favourites too, Ive been using them both for the main vape lately

The advantage of mech mods is one really of simplicity, not much can go wrong compared with VV/VW mods, and of course the fact you can use lower resistant coils. They tend to be of better build quallity and can look stunning.

What you see with a mech mod, is what you get, its 'honest' like the male of our species :)

and its SMALL!

Have to say I'm loving this about this Magneto too! Got a 18650 in it at the moment and it's an inch shorter than the vamo and thinner too, but the weight of it and the way it feels to hold is just ace.

Ahh crap, have I found a new thing to get into? :yahoo:

I got a Zmax vv/vw but since getting a Sig #8 brass an ss(or chrome) not put it down in 18350 mode looks lush with a Protank on

Using a mech with an RBA gives a bit of a feeling of "I done that, I did". Meaning that with VV/VW you can slap together any old coil in 5 secs flat and know that your mod will take care of it. With a mech, you have to get it right to get a perfect vape, and there is a sense of satisfaction there. Doesn't matter what combo you use, or how much it cost, if you did it right, it works right. For instance, I am currently banging on a Kayfun Lite on top of a Sig 19. Some elitists would sniff at me using a top end atomiser on a "cheap" mod, but for me, it works fantastically, so I know I've built a good coil and paired it with the mech it needs to make it vape well. And I just took a long pull of MDV 666, and it tastes like success :pie:

Hehe! Well if I'm honest, I'm using a mini vivi on this! I know they're not very exciting, but they work really well for me and well, one step at a time eh ;)

Right, so I got my Magneto today and I'm bloody loving it so far

Hehe say no more ;) I love mechs too, been a while since I used my zmax, like everyone said when you get in to low ohm that's when you really appreciate them, plus more design goes into them, then there's form factor, note the magneto is pretty big for a mech but that's down to the magnetic switch, get a roller, paps , Gus etc and you really start to appreciate the mechs for their size and build quality :)

Have to say I'm loving this about this Magneto too! Got a 18650 in it at the moment and it's an inch shorter than the vamo and thinner too, but the weight of it and the way it feels to hold is just ace.

Ahh crap, have I found a new thing to get into? :yahoo:

Well I have something that really is small, but perfectly formed. It is really potent and packs a punch, and when used correctly will put a smile on your face. Also when you put it in your mouth, you will be content and satisfied, and long to use it again and again......

....its the LEO 14500 SS Mod :)

All of the above sum it up pretty well. I got into mechs a month ago after thinking that they couldn't be as good as a vw device, I was wrong. i can now run 1.2ohm coils flawlessly, the vape is as much of an improvement as when i went from an evod to a rebuildable, maintenance is a breeze and the form factor is stunning. i use my mech at work and wouldn't go back to a vw

Back
Top Bottom