What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Mech Mods Tips?

Reyt so over the past few days of looking for suitable mechanical tubes I've not managed to find that many that tick all the boxes. Hybrid or not, doesn't really matter. Insulation on the inside, 21700 battery, I'm probably going to say about no more than £100 ish for a kit considering it's my first one or about £60/£70 for just the tube. Found a really cheap Geekvape Karma 2 kit. Hybrid top, insulation on the inside for a bit of added protection, 21700, decent ish switch for £32.99. Seems alright but obviously the quality isn't going to be great but it's a possibility. The Nato is also a possibility, the only cons really are to do with the switch, doesn't stand up right well and apparently the ball bearing can actually get pretty hot. The dreamer is also an option and the Mage Mech 2 or I just wait a bit and put some money to the side to be able to get the vindicator or even the full kit (and yeah I know that's north of my budget but I really really like the looks of it and it seems to be more than worth the price). I'm going to carry on looking and see if anything catches my eye.

Reyt so over the past few days of looking for suitable mechanical tubes I've not managed to find that many that tick all the boxes. Hybrid or not, doesn't really matter. Insulation on the inside, 21700 battery, I'm probably going to say about no more than £100 ish for a kit considering it's my first one or about £60/£70 for just the tube. Found a really cheap Geekvape Karma 2 kit. Hybrid top, insulation on the inside for a bit of added protection, 21700, decent ish switch for £32.99. Seems alright but obviously the quality isn't going to be great but it's a possibility. The Nato is also a possibility, the only cons really are to do with the switch, doesn't stand up right well and apparently the ball bearing can actually get pretty hot. The dreamer is also an option and the Mage Mech 2 or I just wait a bit and put some money to the side to be able to get the vindicator or even the full kit (and yeah I know that's north of my budget but I really really like the looks of it and it seems to be more than worth the price). I'm going to carry on looking and see if anything catches my eye.
This is a cracking tube with a good switch great feel in the hand and fucking cheap for a genuine mech [emoji4]

https://www.sr-vapes.co.uk/product/thc-tauren-mech-mod-by-thunderhead-creations/

This ^^^
I got one on mattyk's advice and it's the best mech I own, the RDA's are pretty cheap if you want to match them up

I thought it would have been easy too but when looking for mechanical tubes it seems like just about all of them are hybrids. And yes I am aware of needing a protruding 510 pin for hybrids.

Then buy a hybrid tube mate to be honest i dont understand the reasoning on advising people not to at first, i think its old advice from when most attys had 510 pins that made your ass twitch when you hit the fire button but most drippers now have a protruding pin so don't worrie about that

I agree with Matty, not only do most 'genuine' rda's have a suitable pin but they are much better insulated too (on the good ones) and the insulator comes right over the edge. (i'm pretty sure all the recent 'reviewer developed' ones are like that. I think most hybrids are not really any less safe these days. The same dangers apply to any unregulated mod.

This is a cracking tube with a good switch great feel in the hand and fucking cheap for a genuine mech [emoji4]

https://www.sr-vapes.co.uk/product/thc-tauren-mech-mod-by-thunderhead-creations/

Yeah, I've seen the Taurens all over the place. They seem pretty good and they're really cheap but I'm a sucker for aesthetics and I'm not a big fan of how it looks. I reckon I would probably enjoy it otherwise.
However, I've been looking on some websites for either the Timesvape Dreamer or the NATO. Also seen the new Timesvape Keen by Stan as well but they're all sold out at the moment and that is one thicc tube. I managed to find the NATO mod for £50 in brass, ss or the black rendition: https://www.blacklabelvapingsociety.com/nato-mod-by-asylum-mods-and-vaperz-cloud-149-p.asp

Personally I'd avoid the SS version, it suffers from hot button :)

Personally I'd avoid the SS version, it suffers from hot button :)

Yeah, I'm aware of that. Apparently it's only really when you get down to like a 0.15 ohm build or somewhere around there but I think I'm probably going to get the brass one anyway because every single one of my mods and attys are black and I fancy something different for once. So, I guess I'll be picking up a NATO pretty soon, now to look at rdas to go on top of it... Even though I'll probably end up with a goon.

Had the Tauren with the Tauren RDA, my first mech tube, looks lovely together, 21700 battery and dual brochrome coils, not a single problem [emoji106]

Bought it 2 months ago 35 quid, 12,99 for the RDA from SR vapes

I think it looks good
IMG_20190412_060619.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom