What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Maintenance of stabilized wood mod

Most people seem to rate "Renaissance Wax" highly for Stab Wood. Agree with his remarks re Howard's Feed and Wax for natural timbers :2thumbsup:

I wouldn't use orange oil myself as it's a known skin irritant ... you might be sealing it with wax I guess but it's not something I would recommend to put on something you might be holding all day.

You'd probably be better off using something like Olive oil that is known to be good for your skin or just using a little wax.

You'd probably be better off using something like Olive oil that is known to be good for your skin or just using a little wax.

Olive oil sounds like a great idea but the temptation of wanting a martini will be greatly magnified.

Not Olive Oil on Stab Wood, not recommended by them what knows.;)

Not Olive Oil on Stab Wood, not recommended by them what knows.;)

fair enough, there has to be something better than orange oil though.

..... if you suffer from dry skin, dermatitis or eczema on your hands defo don't use orange oil as it would very likely make it worse.

That's all I wanted to say.

@simong No, I hear and understand, that's why I mentioned Renaissance Wax, it is the tried, tested and most beloved and recommended these days. I suffer with a form of psoriasis and the above mentioned really helps it strange as it might sound.

I must admit I've never waxed my stab wood mods. I just wipe mine over with a glass cleaning cloth. Although mine have a very shiny finish to them so probably need less maintenance.

Back
Top Bottom