What's new

LostVape GRUS 100 issue

RichieRich

Achiever
Afternoon all

Just got a GRUS, and love the feel of the mod, however, right out of the box, it's reading every tank and coil 0.03 ohms lower than it should be. The RX Dual and Alpha One both show the correct ohms for the tanks I'm using, but the GRUS is consistently lower every time.

Is there a firmware update available, or some other trick I can do to get it to register properly? The RX Dual had an issue with ohms reading that turned out to be loose screws at the battery door, just wondering if there's a similar fix?

Afternoon all

Just got a GRUS, and love the feel of the mod, however, right out of the box, it's reading every tank and coil 0.03 ohms lower than it should be. The RX Dual and Alpha One both show the correct ohms for the tanks I'm using, but the GRUS is consistently lower every time.

Is there a firmware update available, or some other trick I can do to get it to register properly? The RX Dual had an issue with ohms reading that turned out to be loose screws at the battery door, just wondering if there's a similar fix?
I wouldn't be overly concerned if it's consistently 0.03 ohm out. And I wouldn't be screwing/unscrewing anything whilst in warranty.

0.03 deviation isnt much thing
If it vapes well, then its good.
I have myself some mods that then to set a deviation higher than that (0.04 to 0.07, depending on the coilhead) and theres no difference when it read just the exact resistance.

Mods don't read the resistance of the coil, they can't, it's impossible ... they read the entire resistance from the positive connection on the board to the negative connection on the board. If the positive pin in the top on the mod is made from metal that's has 0.03ohm less resistance than that next mod, then the coil will read 0.03ohms less. If there's more wire or thinner wire between the board and the 510, that could make it read a little higher. As long as the reading is stable then it doesn't matter. My mod only shows 1 decimal place, so I wouldn't even see that difference.

Must be my OCD commanding it be fixed lol

It vapes well, its just a bugger swapping tanks around and having to nudge the wattage higher to compensate. The ohms doesnt fluctuate, it stays put, i just figured it would read the same as all my other mods :(

well, If you or your OCD cant live with that, just get rid of it :D
I binned some things for less than this, so I understand

I see from the specs that the GRUS can accommodate 3 different sized batteries using adapters, all batteries have an internal resistance that can differ between size and manufacturers which could also lead to a slight deviation in the reading on the Mod. You can tell your OCD that a 0.03Ω variation is ok and not worth worrying about. :28:

I see from the specs that the GRUS can accommodate 3 different sized batteries using adapters, all batteries have an internal resistance that can differ between size and manufacturers which could also lead to a slight deviation in the reading on the Mod. You can tell your OCD that a 0.03Ω variation is ok and not worth worrying about. :28:
I Thought that too, but i've tried other batteries, still the same. Guess i'll have to live with it

Wismec mods seem a bit limp compared to other mods and isn't the alpha a Voopoop mod?
Maybe your thinking is backwards and it's actually the Grus that is reading correctly?

if you did a blind test i wonder if you would be able to tell the difference? maybe you should get somebody to switch the tanks about and fire you a puff while your eyes are shut.

Back
Top Bottom