What's new

Losing my rag. Can you help?

You’ll struggle to find an original Crown now, I’d have thought :hmm: How about an Innokin Isub B tank? They have a whole range of coils that you can use for dtl vaping at lower wattage.

True, or a shop may have a few kicking around, or maybe a member might list one.

Just checked to see what Embra has, it's a freemax mesh pro, with the bubble tank adapter. He hasn't had any issues with it, so not sure if that would be a possibility?

The Isub B mesh coils are great at 35ish watts, but they don't last very long, they are backward compatible though and take the 0.5ohm iSub G coils, they last an AGE and are very easy to reqick when the cotton does need replacing.

First off hi and welcome to the forum @Shesellseashells , some great advice here for you and I'd add a plus one vote for the eleaf istick as your mod!
Second, @Leni you recommend the isub b, I'm pretty new to DL (I normally MTL) so am looking for a good stock coil tank approx 30w, which coil would you recommend for that? I'm currently using an SKRR tank and the tank is ok but the GT4 coils I've got are not good!

You’ll struggle to find an original Crown now, I’d have thought :hmm: How about an Innokin Isub B tank? They have a whole range of coils that you can use for dtl vaping at lower wattage.
I have an isub ve and haven’t had much luck with that, either. May give it another go!

I think I’ve found one yay!

I can’t find an original crown - just the v2-4. Darn it.
I’ve got an isub ve and similar happened with the coils. Isub b any better?
Sigh...

@Leni you recommend the isub b, I'm pretty new to DL (I normally MTL) so am looking for a good stock coil tank approx 30w, which coil would you recommend for that? I'm currently using an SKRR tank and the tank is ok but the GT4 coils I've got are not good!

I’ve never used the SKRR, so I can’t compare them. For the ISub B, I’ve used the 0.5ohm and 1 ohm coils in the 30w zone. As @Jerri mentioned, the PLEX3D is decent, seemed to need more power than I’m happy with though, and didn’t last as long.

Hello all

thought I’d update on the latest in the debacle...

I managed to find a crown mini as it’s apparently the same as the crown, but just has a smaller capacity. I also found a Kanger Subtank plus in my cupboard and got the new crown tank and fresh Kanger coils delivered just two hours ago.

unbelievably I’m having a similar issue! The crown tastes pretty bad and the Kanger is only slightly better. They’re both 0.5 coils at 32.5w.

Could this be my mod’s issue? It’s definitely on wattage mode!
I’m completely LOST! Agh!

Hello all

thought I’d update on the latest in the debacle...

I managed to find a crown mini as it’s apparently the same as the crown, but just has a smaller capacity. I also found a Kanger Subtank plus in my cupboard and got the new crown tank and fresh Kanger coils delivered just two hours ago.

unbelievably I’m having a similar issue! The crown tastes pretty bad and the Kanger is only slightly better. They’re both 0.5 coils at 32.5w.

Could this be my mod’s issue? It’s definitely on wattage mode!
I’m completely LOST! Agh!

Did you prime the coils? By putting a bit of juice on the cotton before putting it in the tank, and then giving it a few dry vapes (not hitting the fire button) as it could be you vaped when the wick was dry and that would cause it to burn out?

Also make sure you arent vaping too high wattage as different coils suggest different wattages. If you go too high that can also cause it to burn.

just to check, are you priming the crown coil with juice on all the cotton around the coil and a few drops down the top. then start low. 0.5 is rated 30-80watts so start by taking a few puffs without pressing the fire button then start on 20watts and turn upa few watts after each puff.
i much prefer the 0.25 coil which is rated 60-80w but ive always used both coils at 50w for all my custards.

when you are putting a new tank or coil on your mod is it giving you the option of new or old coil.

Thanks for replying

yep to both. I primed the Kanger for approx 20 mins, the crown for at least an hour (primed, but also left in a full tank of juice)

I think I hit the fire button once to ensure they were installed... could that one small fire lead to this?

Kanger recommends 15-60w
Uwell recommends 30-80w

I’m honestly on the verge of crying. This is so incredibly frustrating!

mots obviously something I’m doing wrong, but can’t figure out what it is...!!!

Back
Top Bottom