What's new

Looking to get a vamo

Matt

Initiate
So I've tried to resist, but lets face it I'm going to get a mod at some point and then probably another ... and another. That seems to be the pattern anyway.

I've settled on a vamo, probably stainless steel - I've heard the finish is much nicer. I don't have any batteries to go in it or a charger so I'm wondering whether to go for a full kit, like this for example:

http://charliesvapeshop.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=137

(SS + kit version)

or whether to buy it all separately from vape escape with a couple of efest batteries and a XTAR MP1S charger.

the difference in price with the vapeescape discount code is about £10 more. Is it better to pay more for what on here appear to be proven batteries and charger rather than nondescript versions?

As a side note I want to buy from a uk vendor, I don't have the patience for international shipping. Also I don't need the ce4s that come with the charliesvapeshop full kit because I use protanks.

Thanks for your help everyone! Also if anyone has wind of a better deal that would be great too :)

I would say get the better charger and batteries for the sake of a tenner as I have found the Efest's very good and the Xtar charger to be rock solid.
I would also suggest getting some Noalox for the 501 thread as they wear quite fast on the Vamo, especially if you're a habitual tank swapper like me...
A tube of Noalox lasts ages as you only need the smallest smear, I have worn out 2 Vamos in 6 months and had to get replacement heads and have found the lube to be a good investment.

Thanks for the tip - very useful to know, don't want it breaking on me!

I've just purchased that kit. Arrived Monday and I'm chuffed to bits with it. The clearos went straight into my 'just in case' box, probably never to see the light of day again, but I'm happy with the rest of it.
The charger is a cheap and cheerful Trustfire job, but it's been working fine and hasn't blown the house up yet. The two 18350 batteries look similarly cheap 'Made by DKL Battery Company Shenzhen China'. Likewise, they have done the job without problems. I've got a couple more Efest batts on the way plus an 18650, as spares. Plus I'm so chuffed with the Vamo itself, I'm going to get myself another one next payday. Not another kit of course, and probably not another SS one, even though it looks great.
A good purchase as far as I'm concerned.

for charger you canot go rong with xtar wp211 for batterys I serjest you get unprotected as the protected tend to conflict with vamos own protection and just incase you need the instruction let me know

Last edited:
Just as a point of interest the Vamo v3 is out now with 'oled' screen. The battery tube is a patterned version with spiral grooves ( not to everyone's liking) but the updated screen is a vast improvement on the old one.

Back
Top Bottom