What's new

Looking for RTA (1st)

Misplaced

Hi everyone, new here but vaping a while. :)
I'm currently looking for an RTA to replace my current tank (K3). It's a bit basic, but still ticks all my boxes - just wanting a change. Feeling a little overwhelmed by the diversity out there! :ape: I direct vape on 1.5Ω/1.8Ω, only coils i can find weirdly, never tried sub (ever).

I found a Griffin mini for £12, seems a good place to start - fair price in case i don't like, not over complicated build deck. Trouble is all reviews are for sub ohm builds and my safe spot is +ohm. Can this RTA be correctly made +ohm? Also will this make it more fluid efficient? In videos it seems to drain in 5mins. I do like the fact it can be single coil or duel, for experimenting.

Are there others suitable for a starter that offer a mix of features to play around with? Will be happy with any advice thank you.

I think that tank is more geared towards high power and low ohms. You might be better with one of the recent mtl tanks like the hastur, ares, siren or something along those lines.

Or if you don’t object to clones, you could get something like a kayfun prime or a v5 for that sort of price from fasttech. That might be a better option to be honest.

A great tank to start out with is the innokin Ares..very easy to build and wick very easy to use..
Good flavour and was my first rta and blew me away the difference if flavour from stock coils..

Thanks for the ideas, looking forward to finding my feet on this. Will look the ones i haven't already. I have never used a clone, i have no problem with them unless they are telling lies.

The problem with sub-ohm tanks for MTL is that the airflow is wrong and vaping will be uncomfortable with a danger of coughing.

Go for one of the suggestions above and leave the Griffin until you're ready to try sub-ohming.

I use direct to lung, only with resistance. I should of been clearer in my first post, sorry. Was pretty frazzled from hunting and learning about RTA and coil builds. My mod can do 6-50w as low as 0.2ohm.
I have used the same technique since before quitting, I have no idea if I would enjoy another setup more. So experiment I must. Thanks for the help.

I started my vape journey with a Wismec Realeux RX75 and Kangertech Tank (forgot the model). I was a bit overwhelmed by everything when I started as well, but after hours of research and watching reviewers, I landed on a Smok Alien (wanted dual batteries so my mod can last longer) and a Kylin Mini RTA (this I regretted, the flavour is awesome but the wicking is unforgiving. I wish I had gone with the Zeus RTA). I do direct lung hits as well and usually run around 28 - 32 watts for 0.68 - 0.70 builds. Good flavour, decent clouds. If you ask me now though, I would pick up a Aegis Legend and Zeus Dual RTA or OBS Engine 2

It’s not so much about your style of puffing, more about the air resistance you’re used to and power level you use. The griffin will have much more open airflow than you are used to with the k2 so it might seem like sucking on a toilet roll tube and probably isn’t going to be much use with a 1.8Ω coil at low watts.

Ohhhh ok i get you. Hard to tell this stuff from the reviews and such like. Going to stop looking for now, getting annoyed by it. Sometimes is best to digest stuff, thanks for the food for thought on the subject.

Back
Top Bottom