What's new

Looking for help again

gavin 1

Achiever
I have a Smok r200 which I must say I've enjoyed but now I've got an issue the screen was saying weak batteries even though the batteries are fine in my other mods. Besides I tried several batteries still the same. So filmwear update time. Followed the instructions remove batteries and hold the minus button on the Mod while flashing. Now the screen will not turn on atall. Any advice please before it goes in the bin?

I have a Smok r200 which I must say I've enjoyed but now I've got an issue the screen was saying weak batteries even though the batteries are fine in my other mods. Besides I tried several batteries still the same. So filmwear update time. Followed the instructions remove batteries and hold the minus button on the Mod while flashing. Now the screen will not turn on atall. Any advice please before it goes in the bin?

Smok mods and firmware updates never seem to like each other much, you could try it again, but it's probably bricked. (it might just be in stealth mode if it has one)
The issue with the "weak batteries" may well have been dirty contacts, or just a bad contact. I have not heard much about smok firmware actually going wrong. It's normally when someone has messed up an update they didn't need to do in the first place.

Ps. Having said the above, try cleaning all the battery contact points (including the batteries) as it might not be working at all now because of the original problem. As in the screen won't come on because it's not getting any or enough power.

Smok mods and firmware updates never seem to like each other much, you could try it again, but it's probably bricked. (it might just be in stealth mode if it has one)
The issue with the "weak batteries" may well have been dirty contacts, or just a bad contact. I have not heard much about smok firmware actually going wrong. It's normally when someone has messed up an update they didn't need to do in the first place.

Ps. Having said the above, try cleaning all the battery contact points (including the batteries) as it might not be working at all now because of the original problem. As in the screen won't come on because it's not getting any or enough power.
Thanks for your reply was the first thing I did was to clean all terminals and 510 as well as trying different batteries. Guess it's just one of those things. Shame was a good mod

I honestly have no idea but it sounds to me like it's in update mode. If you plug it into the computer does it show up? If so have you safely disconnected it before unplugging?

That is the first test, does your computer detect the device.
It did when It wiped the data completely off the mod and it did when I tried to redo it. It then put back what I had before saying weak battery. Now it will not detect the device atall. Odd

It did when It wiped the data completely off the mod and it did when I tried to redo it. It then put back what I had before saying weak battery. Now it will not detect the device atall. Odd
It could be dead if it isn't detected by your computer.
I had the same issue with an eleaf mod. I went through support and this seems to indicate it has died as it doesn't require batteries for the computer to detect.

It could be dead if it isn't detected by your computer.
I had the same issue with an eleaf mod. I went through support and this seems to indicate it has died as it doesn't require batteries for the computer to detect.
Thanks Silk. Yes I think it's a gonna

Back
Top Bottom