What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Looking for a replacement for trusty Kanger aerotank V2

pierssy

Postman
Hi all
For the record I am very boring and cheap. I love my old Kanger aerotank V2 I love that I can rebuild the coils for pennies, but alas the two I have are showing their age and I am on the look out for some new tanks.
I am not a fan of direct to lung and I don't want high watts or masive clouds but I do want something I can run cheap and remake the coils and replace the wicks easily. Basically I want something like the aerotank V2 where I can buy some new coils to build up a stock and then rebuild them myself with some kanthaland cotton. I am a bit out of touch with what's out there and the terminology.
So if anyone can point me in the direstionof a decent old school tank I wuold be very greatful.
Ta.

Last edited:
Hi,
It was Protanks that got me off the fags and I am a huge fan of them. I use to build coils for them myself and I understand where you are coming from.

However - its time for a change - I would recommend the Doggy - https://www.fasttech.com/p/6353800

If you can build a coil for an Aerotank ( not sure if they are the dual coil ones or the old style SOCC ones ) you can build a coil on a Doggy. You can use the same Kanthal and cotton and 7 or 8 wraps will get you a very similar vape. I run my Doggies at 6.5 to 7 watts around 1.9ohm. It has adjustable airflow but I do have mine fully open all the time I dont remember what the Aerotank was like but I used Protank 1& 2 and Mini 1 & 2 with the airflow valve ( screw type ) and I would say it allows more airflow than them ( fully open )

The body of the tanks are not glass and sometimes the threads are a little iffy - but i really would recommend you buy one - if you like it then you can get replacement plastic tanks very cheaply.

Leakage - next to none - It happens but very rarely.

You can easily replace the cotton without replacing the coil something which was very tricky with the Kangers. I would guess I replace the cotton weekly ? the coil every three weeks maybe - its hard to tell as I have several on the go at once.

There can be a build up of condensation in the mouth piece but you can get that with any attie its not a big deal.

I think you will struggle to find anything else which will give you the same sort of vape unless you scour ebay or the above site for Kanger clones.

Come on over to the Dark side. Its time.

Hi,
It was Protanks that got me off the fags and I am a huge fan of them. I use to build coils for them myself and I understand where you are coming from.

However - its time for a change - I would recommend the Doggy - https://www.fasttech.com/p/6353800

If you can build a coil for an Aerotank ( not sure if they are the dual coil ones or the old style SOCC ones ) you can build a coil on a Doggy. You can use the same Kanthal and cotton and 7 or 8 wraps will get you a very similar vape. I run my Doggies at 6.5 to 7 watts around 1.9ohm. It has adjustable airflow but I do have mine fully open all the time I dont remember what the Aerotank was like but I used Protank 1& 2 and Mini 1 & 2 with the airflow valve ( screw type ) and I would say it allows more airflow than them ( fully open )

The body of the tanks are not glass and sometimes the threads are a little iffy - but i really would recommend you buy one - if you like it then you can get replacement plastic tanks very cheaply.

Leakage - next to none - It happens but very rarely.

You can easily replace the cotton without replacing the coil something which was very tricky with the Kangers. I would guess I replace the cotton weekly ? the coil every three weeks maybe - its hard to tell as I have several on the go at once.

There can be a build up of condensation in the mouth piece but you can get that with any attie its not a big deal.

I think you will struggle to find anything else which will give you the same sort of vape unless you scour ebay or the above site for Kanger clones.

Come on over to the Dark side. Its time.

Mate thank you so much for the great reccomendationI will take a look.
And a big thanks to everyone who has pitched in I appreciate it.

Mate thank you so much for the great reccomendationI will take a look.
And a big thanks to everyone who has pitched in I appreciate it.
FWIW I started with rebuilding Protank and Aerotank coils too, I still have a couple lurking somewhere. Come back if you need further help. :)

Back
Top Bottom