What's new

Living on the edge

Jackvape

Postman
Well I tried to build a .10 but cudnt get past a .09 with this wire. So lets see if I blow my face off like everyone tells me. The flavor is phenomenal. The clouds r about what I had. But these coils give out great flavor. Life is full of chances. Im always the one willing to take the chance. 30 T batteries. I think Ill be fine. Chain vaped it all day yesterday. Face still intact.

You do realise it's not a competition, right?

Everything is a competition, I know exactly where he's coming from.

For example, I was aiming for 1ohm but had to settle for 0.98ohm with my build.

I'm pretty sure it should be safe enough if I'm careful not to get it too close to my face - I usually hold the button down at arm's length and then huff on the vape left in the cap.

What's wrong with a 0.09? Thought most mods fire down to 0.05?

Quite new to this so sorry if this is a stupid comment :18:

What's wrong with a 0.09? Thought most mods fire down to 0.05?

Quite new to this so sorry if this is a stupid comment :18:

On a regulated device (Built in circuitry, boards etc) it isn't really issue.

On a mech device (No protections etc) though, it's frankly pure stupidity and a good way to earn a Darwin Award.

On a regulated device (Built in circuitry, boards etc) it isn't really issue.

On a mech device (No protections etc) though, it's frankly pure stupidity and a good way to earn a Darwin Award.
Fair enough, nice one Chris.

Maybe the OP should listen to the rest of you, but suppose that's up to him.

Same shit different build. It really is getting boring.
"look I've built at 0.01 aren't I clever".
No you feckin' ain't.
Ironically, given the amount of shit US press give vaping, an American comes on here willy waving about how low he can go. Do it in the privacy of your own home, doesn't need broadcasting to the world.

And breathe, rant over

There are many problems with this sort of thing...

One is that vaping newbies see shit like this and think it's the normal attitude, get put off and go back to their nice safe fags.

Another is that legislators see this and also think it's the normal attitude, which only adds fuel to the opinion that vaping should be banned or restricted to closed systems for our own safety.

Even doing it in the privacy of your own home can cause issues for the rest of us if/when it goes wrong - it then becomes another "vaping is dangerous" headline and exacerbates the two points above.

I'm not saying nobody should ever do it, because free choice. But doing it purely to try and impress people while not having a real understanding of the technical issues has gone past stupidity and is just plain idiotic.

Well I tried to build a .10 but cudnt get past a .09 with this wire.
Wind it a bit looser, or add another wrap.

How accurate is your ohms reader? Even if you check it on different regulated mods, that doesn't necessarily ensure accuracy. I have quite a few mods - some read high, some read low.

A 0.09 ohm build is pulling 46.67 amps from a fully charged 30T which is not supposed to be discharged above 35 amps. If you've seen Mooch's recent "myths" video, you would know that there is no such thing as "pulse" ratings, and that anything over a few *milliseconds* is CONSTANT DISCHARGE.

A 0.5 second or 1 second button press is constant discharge. Your cell is only rated for 35 amps, doing that, not 46 amps.

If your ohms reader isn't deadly accurate (and accuracy lessens at lower resistance) and it's actually 0.08 ohms then it's pulling 52.5 amps.

If you are chain-vaping (not letting the battery recover between vapes), then you *are* damaging your battery.

Please stop coming here and proclaiming your idiocy. What do you hope to achieve with your posts?

You are not vaping safely. Nobody here is going to say that what you are doing is ok.

It is clear that Jack is just trolling now.
I suspect that he has been for a while. I did think for a while that he was just an idiot but he has posted enough of these threads, even after being asked to keep his dangerous builds to himself, that it is clear he is a troll & an idiot.

The mods should merge all his threads.
This would make it a useful reference to other users on how to not use a mech. Jack has been given much good advice that he has no interest in.
A merged thread would bring all this good advice together in one place. It would also save a lot of typing the same advice over and over.

Back
Top Bottom