What's new

Liquid with no Coil Killer sweeteners?

Grape Freeze is gunking your coils?

It is a fully TPD recipe and contains no extra added sweetener than what occurs naturally so that is pretty strange. Mr DDV uses it daily & has no gunk.

You have more chance of Narwhal gunking than Grape Freeze but none are coil killers.

Strange one this but glad you are enjoying it.

I concure for narwhal tears and lychee. Those 2 are awesome.

The grape freeze on the other hand does gunk coils but i can live with that as im enjoying the flavour

Grape Freeze is gunking your coils?

It is a fully TPD recipe and contains no extra added sweetener than what occurs naturally so that is pretty strange. Mr DDV uses it daily & has no gunk.

You have more chance of Narwhal gunking than Grape Freeze but none are coil killers.

Strange one this but glad you are enjoying it.
I dont know if its my setup or not but its not a problem. All the grape/menthol flavours ive had so far had the same issue, not just yours Sam.

Oddly enough narwhal has been fine for me.

This is an interesting topic indeed. I've been struggling with this recently. I build my own coils and use an MTL set-up and it's still a royal pain to be constantly re-wicking and re-coiling almost everyday. When I first started vaping this wasn't an issue, at the time I was using mainly Chinese eliquid and then T-Juice, which had higher PG ratio then. I do miss the sharper throat hit higher PG ratios provide.

I gather there's a general consensus that sweeteners are the main culprit for coil gunk. However, what impact does VG/PG ratio and MTL/DTL (power/liquid consumption) have relative to this.

In any case, it would be good to have more eliquid options without added sweeteners and for such additives to be clearly marked on the bottles.

Hmm, normally I try not to tell the OP to do something completely different, but if you really enjoy the juices you're vaping, it would be a shame to give them up because they are coil gunkers. Seems a shame to vape stuff you're not so keen on just to save on coils.

DIY coils is not as hard as it seems. And once you got a decent coil installed (which I bet any local vape shop/nerd would happily oblige you), you can just pull out the cotton, give the coil a bit of a spruce up, then shove new cotton in. I am super lazy, this approach takes me about 5 minutes to change, and then I don't have to care about whether I'm vaping coil killing flavours or not. Just my 2 cents! Sadly I don't have much to offer on juice choices though.

It occurs to me that tobacco and dark juices like Red Astaire are major coil gunkers,I use a siren 2 rta when trying different tobacco juices and the coil is ready for a dry burn clean/rewick after 1 bubble glass full of juice,I find this especially so with manabush juice,a simple rta like the siren 2 after a little practice and youl be dry burning the coil clean and rewicking in no time,for clear juice Il use a little Aspire k1 Plus...........a cracking little cheapo mtl tank which now has airflow.........

Back
Top Bottom